headphone out acting as second output in torpedo live

hotguit

Hi everybody. I'm experimenting a bit...
According to you, is it possible to use the torpedo live headphone output as a second output to feed a stereo line mixer?
I would like to use the rear line output to feed the right input channel of my Rane sm26 and the headphone output to feed the left input channel so that i can split a stronger signal to my time based rack effects.
Using a y mono cable from rear line output the signal is a bit weak and lifeless.
Any suggestion?
Thank you
Peter

Hello @hotguit .
It is not ideal to use the headphones output to feed the Rane SM26. Also in the setup you wish to have, you will not have a stronger signal into your time based effects. The Line and Phones output both send the same signal out of the unit. Using 2 channels on the RANE will not give more level as using only one mono channel into the time based effects.

The best setup with this mixer is to use the LINE output of the Live to the input 1 of the Rane. Send the MASTER output of the Rane to time based rack effects. Use the mono input of the first time based effects.

Hi
My time based effects are single effect racks (n°2 Roland sde 2500 and 1 Ibanez SDR 1000+); they are linked in parallel in my Rane sm26.
I use the line mixer to NOT digitalize my tone. That is why i thought about using both line and phone outs.
My Ibanez SDR 1000+ is a stereo reverb and it is linked for 1 input - 2 outputs (stereo reverb)
So:
torpedo line out splitted (Y cable - not the best but that is all i have) - L and R Rane in - Rane ch1 to GCX fron input1 - GCX rear outputs to the 2 SDE in - Rane ch 2 to SDR 1000+ in - Rane ch3 from n° 1 SDE out - Rane ch4 from n° 2 SDE out - Rane ch 5 and 6 from SDR stereo out - Rane L and R out - mixer - monitors.
I can not think anything else.
Suggestions welcome.
Peter

Hello @hotguit .
With the constraints you have and the wish of keeping your guitar signal out as much as possible from your effects units (thus running a wet/dry rig), you do not have much choice.
The best is indeed splitting theTorpedo Live's Line ouput with a Y cable to go into the Rane.

Back