ESP MX250

I'm curious what makes you say that. The MX250 I played was incredible and I have both the guitars you mentioned and I also agree how killer they are too.

So Diablo Guitars is owned/operated by Parker Lundgren who was in Queensryche until a few years ago, so I would bet prices would be a bit elevated.

Well, it would be worth $10k today then just based on inflation. And that's pretty much the going rate (or then some) for a private seller on Reverb. If Diablo gets asking, it's because they have the reach and reputation.
or, Reach and Flexibility?

IMG_0619.jpeg

So Diablo Guitars is owned/operated by Parker Lundgren who was in Queensryche until a few years ago, so I would bet prices would be a bit elevated.
He's actually pretty reasonable. I have done quite a few deals with him both selling to and buying from. He never low balled me on a buy and is willing to negotiate on most things. He also teaches guitar at his shop and is very personable. That said he has a business to run and would probably not move much on a hot item.

He's actually pretty reasonable. I have done quite a few deals with him both selling to and buying from. He never low balled me on a buy and is willing to negotiate on most things. He also teaches guitar at his shop and is very personable. That said he has a business to run and would probably not move much on a hot item.
+1

One of the better shops for used stuff IMO. Condition was very accurate and with some negotiation you can get a fair (but not amazing) price.

I wonder if Jesper Strombald still has his from the colony era. I bet there are a ton of former esp endorsees that have one of those in a case, under their bed, as their retirement fund. I gotta believe this is all james hetfields fault for looking so fucking cool with that damn thing for decades on stage.
An MX250 is the heavy metal version of a Rolex Presedential. One hell of a flex if you can afford it.

It's always annoyed me that Gibson will C&D guitars like this, but don't offer an equivalent guitar in their lineup.

The coolest Explorers have always come from makers other than Gibson, whether it's the Hamer Standard or the ESP MX models. Gibson thenselves has by and large stuck to the same old '58 model, which is not at all the same thing.

There was a white one on reverb I snagged in 2023 for about 4800 mint… thought it might be a scam but wasn’t. ended up selling though as I just can’t get used to the shape. But I think I knew I’d sell it considering the price I got it for.

Back