EVH 5150 III 50W and IR's

Building my arsenal from the DynIR catalog. Captor X has a massive selection that I'll never use but the Mesa and Orange so far are pretty damn impressive. Looking for Greenback loaded cabs that will pair well with the 5150III Stealth for metal. (The 'real' 5150 III cabs loaded with what is reported as Heritage Greenbacks) Suhr has a 4x12 with these but seems to be the only. I can demo all day but looking for the top 5 without going down the rabbit hole. Recommendations? Thanks!

I've been doing the exact same thing trying to find 10 solid cabs. Two- 112's, Two- 212's, and 4 or 6- 412's (because they've got that "buy this many, get this many free" deal going on) Basically what I did was open up the Complete Guitar Pack, you know, the one that's like a grand or more to buy, and I just started scrolling through and checking everything out I thought was interesting, but I stopped night before last and haven't gotten back on yet.

I'm using my Peavey Invective 120 with Captor 16 and a Torpedo C.A.B. M+, and man I've been like a kid in a candy shop ever since they showed up on my front porch from Sweetwater last Friday! There have been a couple all nighters where I've fired up the Invective and cranked it, and just played all night long and fiddled around with mics, mic positions, rooms and all the other effects along with my pedal board. The C.A.B. M+ is so sick, you can hook it up to your pedal board and just run it along with your board straight to front of house (or audio interface, or whatever). It's got its own clean pre amp built in with a tube power amp sim that you can switch tubes out with the click of a mouse. The best part is, each one of the effects or amps (ANYTHING) within the Torpedo Remote CAB M+ control program/screen you can enable and disable. So I've ordered a REVV G3 pedal to add to my board because it's got a killer preamp, so I can cut off the preamp within the CAB M+ and use any pre amp I want. Essentialy, I don't even need an amp at all. I mean, I love my Invective, but there are times where I might not want to bring a whole 120 watt amp with me, but I could pack my pedal board and my CAB M+ and be good to go. The possibilities are endless. If you want a whole different "to-go" sound, you just buy the preamp pedal that gets you the foundation you want, and BOOM.... just like that, you've got a whole rig and a pedalboard that you know right there.

This tech has come a long way in a short time. I'll never get rid of my tube amps, but man, I can't deny that this little CAB M+ sounds f'n SWEET!!

FWIW, I found the FORTIN Cabs to be pretty kick ass. My fav cab so far is a FORTIN 412 with G12H Creambacks in it. Sounds f'n KILLER.

20211010_195340.jpg20211008_232908 (2).jpg20211008_232857.jpg20211008_232938 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I've been doing the exact same thing trying to find 10 solid cabs. Two- 112's, Two- 212's, and 4 or 6- 412's (because they've got that "buy this many, get this many free" deal going on) Basically what I did was open up the Complete Guitar Pack, you know, the one that's like a grand or more to buy, and I just started scrolling through and checking everything out I thought was interesting, but I stopped night before last and haven't gotten back on yet.

I'm using my Peavey Invective 120 with Captor 16 and a Torpedo C.A.B. M+, and man I've been like a kid in a candy shop ever since they showed up on my front porch from Sweetwater last Friday! There have been a couple all nighters where I've fired up the Invective and cranked it, and just played all night long and fiddled around with mics, mic positions, rooms and all the other effects along with my pedal board. The C.A.B. M+ is so sick, you can hook it up to your pedal board and just run it along with your board straight to front of house (or audio interface, or whatever). It's got its own clean pre amp built in with a tube power amp sim that you can switch tubes out with the click of a mouse. The best part is, each one of the effects or amps (ANYTHING) within the Torpedo Remote CAB M+ control program/screen you can enable and disable. So I've ordered a REVV G3 pedal to add to my board because it's got a killer preamp, so I can cut off the preamp within the CAB M+ and use any pre amp I want. Essentialy, I don't even need an amp at all. I mean, I love my Invective, but there are times where I might not want to bring a whole 120 watt amp with me, but I could pack my pedal board and my CAB M+ and be good to go. The possibilities are endless. If you want a whole different "to-go" sound, you just buy the preamp pedal that gets you the foundation you want, and BOOM.... just like that, you've got a whole rig and a pedalboard that you know right there.

This tech has come a long way in a short time. I'll never get rid of my tube amps, but man, I can't deny that this little CAB M+ sounds f'n SWEET!!

FWIW, I found the FORTIN Cabs to be pretty kick ass. My fav cab so far is a FORTIN 412 with G12H Creambacks in it. Sounds f'n KILLER.

View attachment 91809View attachment 91815View attachment 91818View attachment 91821
Very cool! I had the Revv G3 and C.A.B. M as a practice rig at home for a while there and to use as a fly out rig. Some killer tones for sure!

Building my arsenal from the DynIR catalog. Captor X has a massive selection that I'll never use but the Mesa and Orange so far are pretty damn impressive. Looking for Greenback loaded cabs that will pair well with the 5150III Stealth for metal. (The 'real' 5150 III cabs loaded with what is reported as Heritage Greenbacks) Suhr has a 4x12 with these but seems to be the only. I can demo all day but looking for the top 5 without going down the rabbit hole. Recommendations? Thanks!
Check out some of the 2x12 cabs as well - those Suhr 212s have creambacks and sound positively crushing; Victory cabs are really nice (I'm running my Hagen and D-Moll through those regularly), and there are a couple (Diffusion "fastback, pullback"?? Maybe??) vintage G25 Marshall cabs with outstanding tones.

I can run through my library in a bit and fire some options off for you. Bogner Uber G25/V30 DynIR is also really choice.

Check out some of the 2x12 cabs as well - those Suhr 212s have creambacks and sound positively crushing; Victory cabs are really nice (I'm running my Hagen and D-Moll through those regularly), and there are a couple (Diffusion "fastback, pullback"?? Maybe??) vintage G25 Marshall cabs with outstanding tones.

I can run through my library in a bit and fire some options off for you. Bogner Uber G25/V30 DynIR is also really choice.
Very cool and thank you!

If not mentioned already @Markmetalguitar the "BoGreen" is awesome. Just logged into my TwoNotes and in addition to the BoGreen, check out:
Diffusion's "Pullback" (G25)
Miltone's "GreenARTC" (G12H30), "BritGreen" & "BritGreen 2" (both G25)
Celestion's "G12M Greenback Closed 4x12"

Love these Greenback DynIRs and the GreenARTC is exquisite for all manner of styles - blues to brootz.

Peace

If not mentioned already @Markmetalguitar the "BoGreen" is awesome. Just logged into my TwoNotes and in addition to the BoGreen, check out:
Diffusion's "Pullback" (G25)
Miltone's "GreenARTC" (G12H30), "BritGreen" & "BritGreen 2" (both G25)
Celestion's "G12M Greenback Closed 4x12"

Love these Greenback DynIRs and the GreenARTC is exquisite for all manner of styles - blues to brootz.

Peace
Awesomeness, I’ll check em out, thank you!

Yea I dig some of those cabs with the Greenback 25s, they just do a thing that no other does quite the same. They've got BITE.

I've checked out some of those 2x12s like you said, and even grabbed a couple. They do sound good. I gotta say, when I got my Invective amp and cab, the creamback in there was like a breath of fresh air in so many ways. For a long time I've preferred Eminence over Celestions. I just got to a point where I didn't understand what was so great about the V-30 that it became what it has. Not that it's a "bad" speaker. It's just that I like to hear something different sometimes, and every cab the world over, for a while, seemed like they had a pair or quad of V-30s. And I knew it was just hype around a name when they stopped distributing the Ipswitch versions and they went to the chinese ones. They are still decent, but they are NOT the same as the ones that were made in England. I'm not one of these guys that's going to say an amp is crap because it happens to be that the company who makes it began manufacturing in China. Chinese people, as it just so happens, are perfectly capable of manufacturing stuff as well, it's not some wizardry that only the English and Americans can do, not to mention, what folks fail to realize is the fact that the companies that make those types of business moves, they have the facility thats pumping out their gear slam full of THEIR OWN people, sometimes they'll have the majority of their original employees running things still, it's just a different location, and probably updated so that they have better equipment to do their jobs with. That whole thing just gets taken way too far off to the left sometimes and people form opinions based off of personal opinions rather than facts.

Yea I dig some of those cabs with the Greenback 25s, they just do a thing that no other does quite the same. They've got BITE.

I've checked out some of those 2x12s like you said, and even grabbed a couple. They do sound good. I gotta say, when I got my Invective amp and cab, the creamback in there was like a breath of fresh air in so many ways. For a long time I've preferred Eminence over Celestions. I just got to a point where I didn't understand what was so great about the V-30 that it became what it has. Not that it's a "bad" speaker. It's just that I like to hear something different sometimes, and every cab the world over, for a while, seemed like they had a pair or quad of V-30s. And I knew it was just hype around a name when they stopped distributing the Ipswitch versions and they went to the chinese ones. They are still decent, but they are NOT the same as the ones that were made in England. I'm not one of these guys that's going to say an amp is crap because it happens to be that the company who makes it began manufacturing in China. Chinese people, as it just so happens, are perfectly capable of manufacturing stuff as well, it's not some wizardry that only the English and Americans can do, not to mention, what folks fail to realize is the fact that the companies that make those types of business moves, they have the facility thats pumping out their gear slam full of THEIR OWN people, sometimes they'll have the majority of their original employees running things still, it's just a different location, and probably updated so that they have better equipment to do their jobs with. That whole thing just gets taken way too far off to the left sometimes and people form opinions based off of personal opinions rather than facts.
Some of the best music was made on the worst equipment.
-FACT

We're spoiled beyond belief with "options" nowadays. I try to remember a motto from Frank Zappa's double album:

Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar.

Glad some of my recommendations panned out for you - just keep playing!!! And it's not only the speakers on offer, but how they're mic'd with these DynIR's - the mics make a hooooooooge difference - hence why Victory cabs are so ridiculously good.

Keep it up!!
Play on!!
:rawk:

Some of the best music was made on the worst equipment.
-FACT

We're spoiled beyond belief with "options" nowadays. I try to remember a motto from Frank Zappa's double album:

Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar.

Glad some of my recommendations panned out for you - just keep playing!!! And it's not only the speakers on offer, but how they're mic'd with these DynIR's - the mics make a hooooooooge difference - hence why Victory cabs are so ridiculously good.

Keep it up!!
Play on!!
:rawk:
Yes I agree, and as much as I do love my gear, I also make sure not to get stuck on it. Many times since I've gotten my CAB M+, I just turn it on, pick a random cab and carry on as if that is all that is available, and if it doesn't sound ideal, i work on what I can do with my playing to improve the sound.

All this gear we have out there to choose from now days is pretty sweet, but along with all that gear comes assumptions from a great many that the gear will somehow make them a better player, or sound better at the least, and this is a dangerous philosophy to adopt for any guitarist who is trying to hone their craft and continue to improve on a daily basis. It is NEVER the equipment/gear/rig/instrument that makes the musician, it is within the musician where the talent (or lack thereof) lies. That having been said, I agree that it is very important not to get caught up too much in the hype of all the shiny new toys, at least that's my own humble opinion on the matter, because I know that for me personally, I can easily get caught up in options paralysis if I allow myself to spend too much time playing with toys instead of playing guitar!

The Two-Notes EVH 4x12 with EVH speakers is available for download (not the Peavey which comes stock) and sounds really good. I use this to send to the FOH for gigs.

Celestion, Own Hammer and York Audio also provided great versions of the cab.

Hey,

Ross from Two notes here! There are over 500 cabs in the store now - to help with navigation we've added a handy search on this page.

https://www.two-notes.com/en/dynir-virtual-cabinets/

Just type in what your looking for i.e. 4x12s, 2x12s etc and you will see what we've got in the store!

There's also some stocking filler promos on our socials and of course, there's the Tone Vault pack fo 12 DynIRs which is FREE --> https://www.two-notes.com/en/tonevault/

My personal fav 4x12 is the Recto Standard OS Slant – WTE - would thoroughly recommend!

View attachment 91809View attachment 91815View attachment 91818View attachment 91821

Soon to be owner of the Cab M+ as IR loader instead of my Fractal Audio FM3....will post a comparison soon too...

BUT I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee - Suhr Reactive Load Box and looking for a V30 Cab...right now using third party IR from York Audio Friedman V30 ....anything in the Cab M+ / DynIR packs what I should try out for sure ?

Thanks !

Soon to be owner of the Cab M+ as IR loader instead of my Fractal Audio FM3....will post a comparison soon too...

BUT I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee - Suhr Reactive Load Box and looking for a V30 Cab...right now using third party IR from York Audio Friedman V30 ....anything in the Cab M+ / DynIR packs what I should try out for sure ?

Thanks !
Hey Anand,

Ross from Two notes here!

Sounds like a great setup. We've released a heck of a lot of DynIRs in the recent months and have included some of our fan favorites below for your perusal:

The Dave Friedman Collection
https://www.two-notes.com/en/dynir-virtual-cabinets/the-dave-friedman-collection/

The Pete Thorn Signature Tones Collection
https://www.two-notes.com/en/dynir-virtual-cabinets/pete-thorn/
One that i've personally worked on is our recent release - DynIRnamite - Huge, versatile sound here and particularly awesome in my current rig of a CAB M+ with a Way Huge Saucy Box on the front end.

Hey Anand,

Ross from Two notes here!

Sounds like a great setup. We've released a heck of a lot of DynIRs in the recent months and have included some of our fan favorites below for your perusal:

The Dave Friedman Collection
https://www.two-notes.com/en/dynir-virtual-cabinets/the-dave-friedman-collection/

The Pete Thorn Signature Tones Collection
https://www.two-notes.com/en/dynir-virtual-cabinets/pete-thorn/
One that i've personally worked on is our recent release - DynIRnamite - Huge, versatile sound here and particularly awesome in my current rig of a CAB M+ with a Way Huge Saucy Box on the front end.
Wow Ross ! Thanks a lot and I will look into these packs. Don’t want to disturb the OP with my questions…. Will get back soon in another thread ! Thanks again and appreciated !

The Two-Notes EVH 4x12 with EVH speakers is available for download (not the Peavey which comes stock) and sounds really good. I use this to send to the FOH for gigs.

Hi @DonLduk - Ross from Two notes here! We're so happy to hear this is working out for you and thanks for weighing in here! It sounds like a great reliable Live Sound rig you've got there!

Back