EVH 5150-III 50W as a pedal platform?

Chris O

I'm wondering if anyone is using lots of pedals with this amp? How is it in terms of a good pedal platform for things like th XTC Red, Pinnacle, SLOstortion, etc thru the "clean" channel? Modulation in the loop obviously...

I'm using a Line6 DT50 head with pretty good results now, but just curious...

That Pinnacle will sound sweet with it! ;)

Seriously - I have the EVH and because of the "volume issue" with channels 1 and 2 being shared, I used several pedals with it on Clean - the Pinnacle, Bogner Red and Blue, and Carl Martin Plexitone were my go-to's for getting a sweet "mid crunch" sound so I didn't have to deal with the channel 2 volume hump. It takes pedals very well in my opinion.

IceMan":2b0pgu6t said:
That Pinnacle will sound sweet with it! ;)

Seriously - I have the EVH and because of the "volume issue" with channels 1 and 2 being shared, I used several pedals with it on Clean - the Pinnacle, Bogner Red and Blue, and Carl Martin Plexitone were my go-to's for getting a sweet "mid crunch" sound so I didn't have to deal with the channel 2 volume hump. It takes pedals very well in my opinion.

That Pinnacle sounds GREAT...with probably ANYTHING! :thumbsup:

That's great to know though -- I think I'll have the sounds I use on the DT already covered with the pedals I have/will be getting, but the 5153 has been in my sights for quite some time. Might be a fun experiment, and the 5153 isn't super-expensive compared to others I've been thinking about.

Well...if you get serious about it, hit me up. I'm toying with parting with my 5153. I'm going back to school this fall and I'm getting low on cash and need to get down to one amp. I just can't decide whether to keep my JVM or the EVH!!! lol....... Ugh!

Sooo...got everything connected. Plugged in...HOLY BALLS!! There is not ONE thing that I don't like about this amp, and not ONE thing I'd change!! Great with pedals, and we all know how killer it is on its own... LOVE IT!!

Back