napalmdeath":3pg7cyav said:
Metlupass2":3pg7cyav said:
LP Freak":3pg7cyav said:
All the sudden my 50 watt red channel has no balls and sounds super thin. I normally keep the gain low but now even all the way up it doesn't sound normal.

It sounds like if you have a bad or loose input jack on your guitar.

Ive swapped all the preamp tubes, checked and cleaned sockets but nada. Blue and green channels work like normal and I am not using the footswitch to change channels.
I had a similar issue with mine a while back. Try cleaning all the jacks including the FS

I cleaned all the pots and jacks. I'm not using the footswitch. I'm switching via the front buttons.

Have you tried it with the footswitch?? Wasn't there some relay issues with some of these??

So, you replaced ALL 6 preamp tubes with known good ones?? Still sounds like a preamp tube.

All 7

Plug in the foot switch.

Same thing. I took it out of the chassis again and looked to see if anything was burnt and cleaned all the tube sockets again. I'm giving in soon and will bring it somewhere unfortunately.

You running the pedals in the loop?

Delay, eq, and gate

Wiggled all the tubes to make sure they were seated and cleaned out the gain pot.

SHE'S BACK!

I really like this amp... In fact so much that I'm going to sell my Ultra Lead since this suits my needs.

Metlupass2":2uuti3ng said:
Wiggled all the tubes to make sure they were seated and cleaned out the gain pot.

SHE'S BACK!

I really like this amp... In fact so much that I'm going to sell my Ultra Lead since this suits my needs.

Excellent! Some of the simplest things seem like a major problem.

When I got my Engl Artist, (used), the standby switch didn't work and it sounded weird. I thought, (here we go!)
Pulled it out of the chassis, (was going to retube it anyway), and cleaned the rocker switch with deoxit, flipped it on and off a few times, fixed. In went the KT77's, biased it up, and it's a monster of an amp. Love it.

Glad you got it fixed. I actually loathed the 5150 red channel. Sounds like either a tube wasn't seated all the way, or the pot. I actually pulled the front off those amps to roll preamp tubes. Going through the back sucked. Spraying/cleaning all the tube sockets would be a good idea, that could be an issue too, (poor contact or dirty sockets). Take the front off, and it'll make life easier. Spray some contact cleaner on the sockets and tube pins, work them in and out a few times. Can't hurt to do a good douching.

Yeah, I used the Blue channel on mine. At the very end of having it, I finally figured out the red channel, but I had already moved to boutique by then. But the amp was pretty fun.

napalmdeath":zruqo00v said:
Metlupass2":zruqo00v said:

SHE'S BACK!

Excellent! Some of the simplest things seem like a major problem.

When I got my Engl Artist, (used), the standby switch didn't work and it sounded weird. I thought, (here we go!)
Pulled it out of the chassis, (was going to retube it anyway), and cleaned the rocker switch with deoxit, flipped it on and off a few times, fixed. In went the KT77's, biased it up, and it's a monster of an amp. Love it.

Glad you got it fixed. I actually loathed the 5150 red channel. Sounds like either a tube wasn't seated all the way, or the pot. I actually pulled the front off those amps to roll preamp tubes. Going through the back sucked. Spraying/cleaning all the tube sockets would be a good idea, that could be an issue too, (poor contact or dirty sockets). Take the front off, and it'll make life easier. Spray some contact cleaner on the sockets and tube pins, work them in and out a few times. Can't hurt to do a good douching.

Yeah I had the front off when I was changing tubes but pulled the chassis to clean

Back