EVH Iconic video

EQ in the loop and those amps can sound almost identical. I like the tightness of SS so the iconic might be awesome for metal since its hybrid. Id love to double track it with my boosted 8100.

Mike Brown explained some of the difference in Fluff's video. Essentially 1) the Iconic presence pot is different (it actually starts doing something from zero instead of doing nothing until around 5 like the 5151 and 2) the Iconic red channel "burn" mode should be more burly like the 5151 red channel (the non-burn mode, which Fluff was using I think, is something like a Blue+ channel).

I do want one of these badly, but I also don't see the point in my situation (have a 5151 and a AFXIII, so another 5150 variant doesn't seem worthwhile; if I had only the 5151 or the AFX, I probably would have ordered an Iconic last week).

Sounds fine there. Kinda wish they made an half priced smaller/lighter version for band rehearsal.

In my travels since my first amplifier..
Dean Ultra-Crunch.
Yep, Dean guitars made some amps.
Solid State from hell.
The golden nugget I found with Solid State's
is they can go up in flames and still work
for a faithful hour.
I'm being aerious here and letting out one of
metals best kept 'close to the chest' secrets.
Go do it, dime it and just keep pummeling
Sad But True or the likes.
It won't explode and there's no valves in there
so burn down the f'n town.
Liberation in a G chord never rang so true then through a burning amplifier that can hold together.
I bet that thing can SMOKE.

IMO, it sounds like a strangled mess. I suppose if you're playing VH songs, you might get away with using such a contraption. What is the point of this amp anyway? Peavey covered the VH thing with the 5150 and 5150 II back in the 1990's. I don't get it?

A colossal hand-job of an amp. :jerkit:

In my travels since my first amplifier..
Dean Ultra-Crunch.
Yep, Dean guitars made some amps.
Solid State from hell.
The golden nugget I found with Solid State's
is they can go up in flames and still work
for a faithful hour.
I'm being aerious here and letting out one of
metals best kept 'close to the chest' secrets.
Go do it, dime it and just keep pummeling
Sad But True or the likes.
It won't explode and there's no valves in there
so burn down the f'n town.
Liberation in a G chord never rang so true then through a burning amplifier that can hold together.
I bet that thing can SMOKE.
Now I'm going to unveil to the source of
the amplifier going up in flames and still functioning for about an hour after it ignite's
itself.
On the Ultra Gain combo, there was a sketchy
orange push button with "Clean" labeled above it & "'Ultra" labeled below it...and there it f'n is!!!!!
There's no mid-crunchers or 'reggie" gain?
Right there!!!
-Is the "legs" of what ignite's the amplifier-
ALL or NOTHING.
That sketchy orange thing gets JAMMED.
BOOM!
That is the straw that breaks the camels back. 'Tri-coupled' with relentless heavy metal Zeppelin riffs sliced & diced together with AC/DC somewhere in there and the hail' mary.. Metallica!!!!-- for hours on end.
With all the controls on the Dean dimed...

Just keep doing it, you might get famous kid...

Back