EVH Iconic video

There's nothing "Iconic" about that right there. When I think of Iconic 5150 sound, I listen to Heartwork or Surgical Steel by Carcass on vinyl. Now that's Iconic 5150 sound.
Oh man, Heartwork is such a classic.

I hope this one was just a bad recording or something. It’s fuzzy and the fundamental is really weak.

How does this sound any worse than EVH’s tone the last 20 years of his career?? Lol! “You people are a bunch of fickle mush heads”! Hahaha!!

Not even the playing is saving that one. It sounds like a pedal because it essentially is a glorified one in the guts. I just hear preamp gain here.

I've got this...

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 9.58.10 AM.png

Pretty sure his demo of the 5150 III El34 100 was fizzy too and that amp is definitely not so I'll reserve judgement until I hear more

This. Most "official" demos from amp companies (besides Bogner and Friedman) always sound like ass. I'd say there's a really good chance the amp sounds better than this.

In all seriousness, already most of us dont like the way it sounds in the clip. Those at EVH should be able to tell its not the best demo if they listen to their own clip.

It isn't "just" a clip.

It's the first, widely available, company approved clip of a massively hyped product that a massive corporation is promoting.

If it was some jackoff in his basement then maybe some of these guys would have a point; but it isn't.

This is what evh/fender CHOSE to represent their massively hyped product with, which is mind boggling.

I might be one of those fucks who buy it! Lmao!
I'm itching to buy something.

Anything to hold me over until the Bluguitar AmpX comes out, (IF)

Back