F/S - Rivera Hammer 120 Stereo TBR-3

SpiderWars

For sale is a Rivera Hammer 120 Stereo, model TBR-3. I call it good condition, typical scratches from rack use but front and back are fairly clean. Lettering on the back has faded but still readable. I had the tubes replaced/biased with EH 6CA7 and the amp was gone thru by a local tech about 3 years ago. Little use since. Some (not all, just the 'big ones') filter caps and the bias filter caps were replaced. It works great and sounds fantastic. I added a fixed Depth mod to both channels that is super easy to reverse but the amp sounds more full, round, and with more rich low mids with it (I tried it one channel and liked it a lot so did the other). The Input Level switches do pop sometimes but everyone pretty much sets them to Lo and forgets them. 4 rack spaces and not lightweight but not a widowmaker either (~45 pounds).
$750 + shipping/fees from GA. CONUS only.

20201229_163510.jpg

20201229_163612.jpg

20201229_163518.jpg

You can tell it wasn't garage kept, transformers/etc are not rusty.
20210130-123023.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to have something like this. Not because I need it, but because it's HUGE, a cool piece of gear, and no one else is going to have one here in town. I wonder what my rack would weigh with this, my Marshall 9200, and Peavey Classic 60/60 in it, along with my other rack stuff, would weigh? lol

What part of GA are you in just out of curiosity?

Awesome amps. I've got a super clean Hammer 320 and they are beasty. Built like tanks. Big heavy iron. I'd grab this just as quick as the large front vht and never think twice. They sound just as good and the price is phenomenal.

It should be noted you can run the power amps in H pentode 60w or triode 30w, and switching to L gets 15w/8w respectively by lowering the B+ from 440v to 220v. Setero tube power for any size venue or customizable for switching different flavors. This is a gem!

Back