Favorite non boosted rectifier tones

Love the Album and the tone!
It's a dual rectifier mixed with a Marshall 1987x, according to Beinhorn.
The "hottest" PU used might be the HB-1s in the Guild S-100
I thought the rectifier mixed with 87x was the clean tone ?

I thought the rectifier mixed with 87x was the clean tone ?
Don't know, could be! Or left/right?
Definitely hear more Mesa than anything else for the dirty rhythm.
Always loved the tone and still do.
Listening to "Like suicide" right know:love:

i just watched the interview and he dosent really say other than both were used. i dont think tim mahoney or the godsmack dude boost, id take those

They are great .The Uber rev blue mixed with Diezel Herbert they got on this is as good as anything too
. Sorry I changed subject but fuck me this tone is it

I just did that last night ! What an album . I’m ll admit I like DOWn on the upside the best
That’s a great album as well. They got really crazy with the tunings on that one. They were still in their prime. Really bummed me out when they disbanded after that.

i cant pick a favorite soundgarden album. i cant say the the older albums are better overall, but all my favorite songs are on the old albums like smokestack lightning and beyond the wheel.

I known most people are into the boost and overdrive pedals. I like them too. But often prefer plugged directly into the amp. I don't always want the bass tight.

Last edited:
I known most people are into the boost and overdrive pedals. I like them too. But often prefer plugged directly into the amp. I don't always want the bass tight.
they both have their place for sure. even in my tech chuggy band, we have passages where i have the boost off and just use that channel for a heavy crunch or roll back for a light crunch, which i think the rectos also excel at..

OP- I always heard eric Peterson from testaments' tone in the early mid-2000's was a 2 channel unboosted recto with emg's..

Eric Peterson (Testament) gets some absolutely fierce rhythm tones out of his Triple Recs (Particularly on The Gathering). Not really a big fan of the band, but I remember the Recto tones on Breaking Benjamin's "we are not alone" record being pretty impressive in a dry, undergained hard rock kind of way.

I remember trying really hard to get my Triple Rec to sound like Peterson's, but I just couldn't dial it in...Probably because I can't play like him. He really knew how to use that signature Recto grain and sizzle to his advantage.

Last edited:
Back