Fedex are fuckers

Fedex will usually get it to me safely. But I often have issues getting it anywhere near the promised date. My package was sitting 5 minutes away for 4 days then they randomly sent it completely across the neighboring state. It was due to be delivered today. I just called and asked if it has left Columbia and it hasn't. It's been sitting there since 4a.m. this morning. I could have driven down there twice and back by now. I asked the lady on the phone how is it going to be delivered by the end of the day today when it's still sitting in a warehouse 1 and a half hours away? She stuttered and then said "you can use our website to track it".... I then ask how can it sit in my city for 4 days then randomly get shipped to a completely different state and she said it's being handled by humans. I don't understand cause they scan it every time someone touches it so what is the point of scanning? I also get nervous because in the longer they have it the greater the chances of them fucking it up.

UPS will break shit left and right but to their credit, I have been able to get someone on the phone at that location the package is and have been able to pick up.

They all suck but it blows my mind what my ratio of issues are vs the number of packages I've received this year.

They are all hit and miss, depending upon where you live.
Up north of the border, DHL is considered the worst.

However, UPS has become runner up of the year for me.

I ordered 4 winter tires back in November from Tire Rack (who were great to deal with, btw!)
They were shipped through UPS. 2 of the tires sent were the wrong size as my order got crossed with someone else's.
They ship all 4 tires separately as they don't box them for obvious reasons.

I refused 2 of the tires.
Those 2 tires kept trying to be delivered to me for the next 4 weeks....LOL. I refused them each time and even had the driver call his supervisor to verify.

Finally, the same UPS driver (idiot who is not my regular driver) drops the tires off when we weren't home, even though they have been authorized to send back to Tire Rack.

It was just a comedy show at that point.
Tire Rack finally gave me new labels and I dropped them off myself.

for the next 2 weeks though, I would be lying if I was looking over my shoulder for the UPS driver to drop them off again!

It was like the "The tire came back, the very next day"........

I put this up the day my Splawn cab was to be delivered.

ymSPiJD.jpg

I think everyone's experience is varied due more to location in the country as well as Management and Training at said locations/facilities. :dunno:

Two months ago, they delivered my new mirrorless camera to the wrong address. It took nearly 3 weeks for them to decide it was their fault, and settle up so the place I bought it from could send me another one.

I was pretty happy with the customer service from the camera shop through the whole ordeal, so I decided to order a lens from them after the camera finally arrived. Fedex delivered that one to the wrong place as well.
It’s also nuts when some dipshit gets your package and decides to keep it and execute a hostile takeover.

Recently, My brother had a package enroute and it said it was delivered. (It was a very expensive knife) Days later it wasn’t delivered and his fury grew. The knife was the equivalent of a boutique guitar maker doing a limited run. Anyhow, of course it was delivered to the only undesirables on the street. They refused to give it back as they opened it and said it’s illegal to send a knife. Uhhhhhh…they opened it!!!! THEY OPENED SOMEONE ELSE’S PACKAGE!!! And then decided to KEEP IT!!

All they have done with the tracking options is create hell for all of us because we know it is b.s. I don't even expect anything anymore and just let it get here whenever.

I should take one of those pills that makes you forget what happened and I should take it right when I'm ordering something. Then it arrives whenever and I'm surprised when it arrives, so double bonus.

All they have done with the tracking options is create hell for all of us because we know it is b.s. I don't even expect anything anymore and just let it get here whenever.

I should take one of those pills that makes you forget what happened and I should take it right when I'm ordering something. Then it arrives whenever and I'm surprised when it arrives, so double bonus.
I mean they scan it at every freaking step so they are scanning it but nothing says "wrong truck. IDIOT!" It's just there so we can watch are shit unnecessarily travel the country.

It’s also nuts when some dipshit gets your package and decides to keep it and execute a hostile takeover.

Recently, My brother had a package enroute and it said it was delivered. (It was a very expensive knife) Days later it wasn’t delivered and his fury grew. The knife was the equivalent of a boutique guitar maker doing a limited run. Anyhow, of course it was delivered to the only undesirables on the street. They refused to give it back as they opened it and said it’s illegal to send a knife. Uhhhhhh…they opened it!!!! THEY OPENED SOMEONE ELSE’S PACKAGE!!! And then decided to KEEP IT!!
I would have told them it's also a federal felony to open someone else's mail.

My last two FuckEx deliveries were late. One by 2 days, one by a full day. Their customer service is a joke. If the app says our for delivery, the agent will literally just tell you that it says out for delivery and it will get to you by end of day. Didn’t matter that I told her it’s been out for delivery for two days. That one pissed me off because it was signature required. Next time I’ll just choose the local Walgreens as destination and can sign for shit there once it’s dropped off. Never wasting my damn time like that again.
I've moved to the Fedex Office/Walgreens/etc delivery as the residential drivers are contractors and it's hit and miss. At least the business drivers do a better job, but there can still be delays that can't be explained. They all suck, IMO, but Fedex sucks a tiny bit less here in AZ.

Reactions: rsm
i've had issues getting deliveries to my office
Im 4 blocks from the depot so we're first on the stop list

they know damn fucking well this is a commercial building and it opens at 9 (ie: no apartments, no doorman)

low and behold every time they deliver at 8:05am. delivery exception notice in my inbox.
then i get a second delivery exception at 7pm 'no access to building"
'
they never fail to do this even when i put on my order not to deliver before 9am or after 5pm

so now i learned to pick up a the terminal. that's hard to do at times.
some vendors wont accept the order that way like Carr did to me with my rambler

so i had to sit in the parking lot like a schmuck waiting for it

I put this up the day my Splawn cab was to be delivered.

ymSPiJD.jpg

I think everyone's experience is varied due more to location in the country as well as Management and Training at said locations/facilities. :dunno:

This wouldn't work here because Fedex drivers will just update "attempted delivery; no one home" without even coming by at all lol

Sadly, I've found USPS to be the most reliable. I've made 240 shipment
I had tube amp (1x12 combo) that I purchased on Reverb; seller sent it with signature required. First day it was due to be delivered, they said I wasn't home (I was; all day), they would attempt to deliver tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, same thing. After the third attempt, the send the item back to the seller/sender.

I'm going to get my kid from school, and I see a FedEx truck, and I follow it to its' next stop. I ask the driver, give him the tracking number, my name and address. What do you know, my amp is on the truck. I don't say anything because I didn't want them to "accidentally" drop it off the truck. I go to the back of the truck, take it off the truck myself.

Once I get it in my car, I go back to the driver and start asking questions. He had nothing to say, not even sorry. I called FedEx and they did nothing.

When possible, I asked for UPS. UPS is just as bad, they completely destroyed a Randall RG-1503-212 combo. Box was ripped in several places, large holes, footswitch gone, 2 of 4 wheels completely sheered off, one completely bent that it can't be removed from the mount; and the cabinet was cracked through in 2 places. Seller refunded my money, and had to fight with UPS to get them to pay the insurance. Luckily, I took many pictures of the box and the amp which helped him get his money back

Seller was a young guy, said it was his first good amp, and in the pics it looked brand new, and where it wasn't damaged, it was in great condition before UPS.

From the UPS Custom Shop:
View attachment 215281

Both sides of the amp are cracked through just above the speakers, below the amp section:

View attachment 215284

Amp works, and somehow the power cord didn't get lost. I may see if I can reinforce where it's cracked and just take the bent wheels off. Haven't looked for the OEM footswitch in awhile either.
That looks like it wasn't packed correctly

• Sad
Sadly, I've found USPS to be the most reliable. I've made 240 shipment

That looks like it wasn't packed correctly
It was, except the box was crushed/smashed, ripped and had holes in 2-3 places. It was clearly dropped to crack the cabinet in two places, and sheer off two wheels, and bend a third wheel to where it can't be removed.

Sorry, but all I see is bad packing jobs. Casters should not even come in contact with anything. The packing material should be form fitting and the weight should be distributed across the cab.

A few layers of bubble wrap surrounding a combo amp in a non original box is an amateur job.

I shipped 2 pairs of metal handles via USPS PM to NY. The Brooklyn PO proceeded to bend all four handles at all four corners. Had to send the replacement via Fedex. Took 3 months of USPS to honor the claim due to not sending me the damage claim report. The client had to copy it and email it to me. They say they've paid the claim in my USPS account, but I haven't seen a check yet.

Oh, and I'll have 2 pairs of scratch n' dent Marshall metal handles for sale at 1/2 price, too.

They're consistently the worst of the three (UPS & USPS) where I live. My local FedEx drivers started taking pics (package by the front door) to prove delivery and attaching them to the tracking. Didn't mean they would then actually deliver to the right place, but thanks to the pics I could track down where my packages were mis-delivered to. 🤡
Nah, UPS dropped a box worth of 500 Euro in front of someone else his door (500 meter down the street). Luckily that person was honest and brought it to me.

Fedex is much better than UPS around me, although I moved recently and I haven't had any UPS issues yet. The only one, I'm pretty confident was not their fault - I received a Diezel Herbert and the shipping label was just stuck to the side of the head lol, no box or anything. It was in good condition and my driver clearly took care to not ding it up and placed it gently at the corner of my garage.

A lot of it depends on who your specific driver is, always expect worse if it's delivered by a contractor or non-regular - and the same goes for the warehouse loading side which you'll never get to see or know. Delivering to wrong address - that just sucks but the drivers who run the same regular route all the time don't make those kinds of mistakes, for the most part.

BUT

The #1 issue is how well it is packed. When I pack stuff, I pack it like the shipper is going to treat it like shit and run it over with the truck, and I've never a single time had anything damaged that I shipped out to someone else.

On the other hand, I've had multiple things arrive damaged and at least 90% of the time it's bad packaging. The Diezel I mentioned, I'm sure it originally had a box, but I bet it was just an amp loose in an empty box maybe with a few scraps of brown paper in it, and it blew a hole in the side of the box - rather than re-box it, UPS just delivered the item itself, and they even included the power cable (something GC seems to frequently forget when sending me new amps).

Side note, things can be poorly packed not just by individuals or big box guitar stores, but also by UPS/Fedex Stores. UPS Stores are usually franchised and while they have guidelines, they can be just as bad as any random person packing something. I once got a Kramer Proaxe that broke the headstock and even the inside of the case because they sent the guitar, in a case, in a HUGE box with no packing material around it to stop it from sliding back and forth inside. So of course it got set neck-down one time on a truck, went over a speed bump or something and BAM, broken guitar.
I would actually argue that as guitar players who understand how they get damaged, we would do a better job packaging them for shipping than any store employee possibly could.

Hahaha, there was a guy on here, he would get wasted and order guitars off reverb. He said he would get guitars he didn’t even know we’re coming.

Back