FENDER EVH WOLFGANG SPECIAL MIJ

BRENTrocks

2015 Fender EVH Wolfgang Special. This one is from the earlier runs of the new Fender EVHs that were made in Japan...before production of the non USA models were moved to Mexico and Indonesia.

Basswood body
Flame maple neck
Birdseye maple fretboard with stainless steel frets
EVH Floyd Rose...not the FR special
USA EVH pickups
EVH low friction pots
EVH Dtuna (factory)
EVH Tuners with pearl buttons
Mater volume, Master tone controls with a 3 way toggle
SKB TSA EVH case with crushed velvet interior

The guitar shows light play wear. Light pick swirls in the usual places. Please refer to the high res pics attached. Overall, in very great condition, for a 5 year old guitar that has been played...not just hanging on wall.

All the hardware, electronics and finish are factory. There are currently Schaller strap lock buttons on the guitar. It plays great playing and great sounding guitar...lightweight too.

Because of the time over year, with drastic temperature and humidity swings, be aware that the guitar may require adjustments and setup to suit your playing style.

$1700 plus shipping and PP fees

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5170 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5171 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5175 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5176 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5179 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5181 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5182 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5183 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5184 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5186 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5188 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5189 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5190 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5191 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5192 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5187 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5174 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5169 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5167 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

Hey brother mooncobra,
I have a beautiful Japanese tobacco burst EVH and the only difference that I can see is that the USA model has a carved top with a little thicker Maple cap, the pick ups are exactly the same on the Japanese models and they come with the nice stainless steel frets, really top quality instruments.

In my opinion, the Japanese models not only sound better but are built with much higher quality than the Mexican, Chinese and Indonesia models.
I think that’s why they stopped building them in Japan because it was too expensive…

Also, my opinion is that the USA pick ups sound better than the pick ups that are in the Mexican, Chinese and Indonesia models… I know, I know, they are supposed to be exactly the same specs, but I have owned a Chinese model and it did NOT sound as good.
The Chinese model does have the stainless steel frets and there’s a guy that did a YouTube video saying that the Chinese sounds just as good as the USA model, I think he has hearing problems??

How is the quality compared to the USA version? Playability, pickups, etc.
My understanding is that the Japanese models had all the same components as the USA models of the same time period.

It’s a great player and sounds fantastic!!!

My understanding is that the Japanese models had all the same components as the USA models of the same time period.

It’s a great player and sounds fantastic!!!

Yes, exact same components, I agree, just a different/thicker maple cap top on USA model?

Last edited:
Back