Finally got rid of this 100lb. Monster

  • Thread starter Thread starter Texsunburst59
  • Start date Start date
Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59

Well-known member
I’ve owned this amp for about 7 years.

I picked it up at a pawnshop back then for $400.

It’s been gathering dust in my home studio since then.

I decided there was no way in hell I was going to post it for sale on FB or CL and have people coming to my home to audition it.

So I made a decision to sell it to GC.

It was quick and painless, and I doubled my money.

Didn’t have to deal with tire kickers and lowballers.

I did plug it in to make sure it still worked after sitting there all these years

I will say that Channel 1&2 sound really good on this amp.

If this sucker hadn’t weighed 100 lbs., I might have kept it.

IMG_5592.jpeg
 
I’ve owned this amp for about 7 years.

I picked it up at a pawnshop back then for $400.

It’s been gathering dust in my home studio since then.

I decided there was no way in hell I was going to post it for sale on FB or CL and have people coming to my home to audition it.

So I made a decision to sell it to GC.

It was quick and painless, and I doubled my money.

Didn’t have to deal with tire kickers and lowballers.

I did plug it in to make sure it still worked after sitting there all these years

I will say that Channel 1&2 sound really good on this amp.

If this sucker hadn’t weighed 100 lbs., I might have kept it.

View attachment 461264
I would've looked for some nice Neos if you liked it. I know your pain, I have a 94lbs Twin. It seems like every pound in a combo above 85lbs is like adding weight that makes it exponentially difficulty to wrangle.
 
Now I have to sell my ‘65 Fender BF Blonde Hand wired Twin Reverb Reproduction, and my Original ‘66 Pro Reverb.

I don’t think GC will give me much for my TR, even though it’s in mint condition and never left the Studio.

I may get a decent amount on the Pro, but I won’t know until they check them out in person.

Selling gear these days sux big donkey dix.
 
Now I have to sell my ‘65 Fender BF Blonde Hand wired Twin Reverb Reproduction, and my Original ‘66 Pro Reverb.

I don’t think GC will give me much for my TR, even though it’s in mint condition and never left the Studio.

I may get a decent amount on the Pro, but I won’t know until they check them out in person.

Selling gear these days sux big donkey dix.
Twins are a tough sale the past few years but if you want a vintage amp it's one of the lower cost of entry classic amps.
 
Twins are a tough sale the past few years but if you want a vintage amp it's one of the lower cost of entry classic amps.

I get that VBF.

What’s going on to make this a little tougher is the fact that it’s a hand wired reproduction of a Twin Reverb, and not actually a real Fender TR.

I’ll see what they offer, and if it’s not CRAZY low, I might just take it.

It’s just gathering dust in my studio.
 
I get that VBF.

What’s going on to make this a little tougher is the fact that it’s a hand wired reproduction of a Twin Reverb, and not actually a real Fender TR.

I’ll see what they offer, and if it’s not CRAZY low, I might just take it.

It’s just gathering dust in my studio.
I think you need to keep it and rock it often. GC is likely gonna hose you on the price. It's worth more than a run of the mill silverface for sure, which run about $750-1200 depending on specifics. I see them sit for long stretches on CL though....
 
Now I have to sell my ‘65 Fender BF Blonde Hand wired Twin Reverb Reproduction, and my Original ‘66 Pro Reverb.

I don’t think GC will give me much for my TR, even though it’s in mint condition and never left the Studio.

I may get a decent amount on the Pro, but I won’t know until they check them out in person.

Selling gear these days sux big donkey dix.

I really want a 64 super reverb and a partscaster lately strung with 12’s. Craving the SRV tones.

Congrats OP. I’ve unloaded some amps to GC and took a loss just to not have to deal with the hassle, haggling, shipping, and packaging. It’s worth it and even better if you made some money.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top