First snow with the new rig

Aynirar27

I’m not one of those guys that thinks guitars are too pretty to get beat up or anything, but for some reason I feel bad that my shiny new work truck is about to get banged up

Let’s all remember it like this, and like it will soon be

IMG_7524.jpeg

You change jobs Dan ?

I’ve done a couple things since Covid. I have a full time gig that got this truck for me, but I’m doing some freelance stuff here and there too

Nice. They let you smoke cigs in that bad boy?

Technically yes, but I haven’t yet. The plan is to not smoke in there because it actually has space for car seats for my girls, but it’s tough not to while plowing

Technically yes, but I haven’t yet. The plan is to not smoke in there because it actually has space for car seats for my girls, but it’s tough not to while plowing
That's oool. Most employers are anti-smoking nazis these days. At least you can puff if your girls aren't in there and you're working late. The truck looks like it needs a beefier set of tires though. It's been a long time since I've seen a rig set up for snow plowing. I could've been a beloved hero with that thing here a couple times when we got heavy snow. You'd get a kick out of listening to Texans trying to drive in real winter weather "zzzzzzzzzzzzz' go the tires, lol.

I’m excited to see how the wildpeak at3’s handle the ice and slush. I’m trying really hard not to go with winter only tires

That's oool. Most employers are anti-smoking nazis these days. At least you can puff if your girls aren't in there and you're working late. The truck looks like it needs a beefier set of tires though. It's been a long time since I've seen a rig set up for snow plowing. I could've been a beloved hero with that thing here a couple times when we got heavy snow. You'd get a kick out of listening to Texans trying to drive in real winter weather "zzzzzzzzzzzzz' go the tires, lol.

It does look silly with 17s, but narrow is better for snow. Mudders look cool and all but aren’t all that helpful most of the time

It does look silly with 17s, but narrow is better for snow. Mudders look cool and all but aren’t all that helpful most of the time
True. I used to be really good driving in the snow, even with a rear wheel drive. 20 years of Florida and Texas seriously diminished my skills and I was not with the program the couple snow/ice days we had here.

My old f350 was awesome in the snow. I drove over 30 miles to work one morning in 6-8” in 2 wheel drive and only slipped going up one hill…and still made it. My knucklehead oldest son had the hubs locked in and I unlocked them. Just assumed I was locking them in because hey-my truck…I don’t drive around with my hubs locked cause I’m not retarded right? Got to work and sure enough…drove through that shit with my hubs unlocked. His mother felt the need to get between us when I discussed this with him. Was surprised that the mt’s I was running did as well as they did. Usually they fill up with snow and suck.

Nice truck. Looks like Falken tires. I have Falkens on my Burb. Never mind. I see now. Yeah, I thought my prior Michelin M/S tires were good but these Falkins are bad ass.

Nice truck. Looks like Falken tires. I have Falkens on my Burb. Never mind. I see now. Yeah, I thought my prior Michelin M/S tires were good but these Falkins are bad ass.
I’m excited for them. I used to always put grabber at2’s on my trucks and Iiked them, but I’m hoping for something a little better in slush.

I’m pretty impressed with the truck too. It’s the barebones WT model but the transmission is great. Super ballsy in the low gears. Absolute gas hog though compared to my 2017

Last edited:
Have plowed all my life and had my first mishap yesterday.
Fuck.
And of course I got rid of my old plow truck two years ago and the mishap was with my '19 Z71.

Fucking wasted the wifes Audi...

Already on engine two.
At 75,000 miles that is.
Yeah but at least your baby can be seen by others driving an import.

LOL

I used to work at a lube shop some years ago. I made sure when the boss wasn't there to deal with that junk I never would admit having the filter in stock for VW, BMW, Audi, Volvo, Land Rover, Mercedes, etc to any customers who drove in with those. "I can't help you with that".

Back