First snow with the new rig

Have plowed all my life
giphy.gif

Ok, ok
Closer to 30 years of my life.

Grew up in a used dealership. Repair/inspection center.
Spent a lot of time clearing cars off and moving so the old man could plow.
Learned to plow before I was legal to drive, but still ended up having to clear and move the vehicles.

Once i could run the plow, the old man walked away from it.
I got to clear, move and plow.

what did you do? run it off RT23 already?

nice truck. keep it that way lol
Rt 23 through Egremont is finally passable lol. It’s been under heavy construction for over a year.
More snow and rain tomorrow so I haven’t given it a good bath, but I’m pretty sure it’s still in good shape. I do a lot of mountain roads so I’m sure there are plenty of scratches from limbs though

Rt 23 through Egremont is finally passable lol. It’s been under heavy construction for over a year.
More snow and rain tomorrow so I haven’t given it a good bath, but I’m pretty sure it’s still in good shape. I do a lot of mountain roads so I’m sure there are plenty of scratches from limbs though
Haven't been up that way in over 30 yrs.
Used to drive up to Cairo to see cousins. Then take 23 into Westfield to see my girl.
All while banging throuh a 5-oh 5 speed with 2 radar detectors

On the way stop for seasonal goodies like fresh peaches apples strawberrys and corn

Here's the one I just got rid of, replaced it with a used Dodge Ram which did great during our first storm on Sunday. This was the biggest joke of an old farm truck you've ever seen. I inherited it with the property when I bought the place and I have lot more than just a short driveway to do. It was a 1963 Ford F250 that fell out of the biggest ugly tree in the world and hit every branch five times. I fought with it for years thinking I could keep fixing this and that but it was something else every time. I was just too cheap for my own good and finally threw in the towel. Here she is, go ahead and have a good laugh at my expense.

img_1116-jpg.236410

It's fun plowing in 10 degree weather with the windows down since there's no heat and if I kept them closed I'd die from the carbon monoxide smoke coming up through holes in the floor. Oh, and a non automatic plow so I had to get out to pull a hitch pin and turn the blade by hand. I had a system that minimized that but it took longer. This was all non ideal during a blizzard.

It's fun plowing in 10 degree weather with the windows down since there's no heat and if I kept them closed I'd die from the carbon monoxide smoke coming up through holes in the floor. Oh, and a non automatic plow so I had to get out to pull a hitch pin and turn the blade by hand. I had a system that minimized that but it took longer. This was all non ideal during a blizzard.
That sounds pretty un-fun lol

I plow with the windows down too but only because the heat is so warm

^Good. Now she's broken in :yes:

I made it through this storm without any cigs in the truck. I’m trying to be good
Good for you. I quit cigarettes about 15 years ago. Now, I can't stand the smell of second hand cigarette smoke or smoke embedded in clothing, furniture, homes, trucks, whatever. I see through the nose of a non-smoker now :LOL:

But hey, live your life man and don't let others tell you what to do - I say.

I'm still an occasional cigar guy and weed of course.

^Good. Now she's broken in :yes:

Good for you. I quit cigarettes about 15 years ago. Now, I can't stand the smell of second hand cigarette smoke or smoke embedded in clothing, furniture, homes, trucks, whatever. I see through the nose of a non-smoker now :LOL:

But hey, live your life man and don't let others tell you what to do - I say.

I'm still an occasional cigar guy and weed of course.

I haven’t touched weed in a while. I don’t really drink either. I have too much shit to do.

I’m about to put another little one through preschool so I think I might quit smoking cigs at that time to counter the cost. I stopped for over 10 years and then started up again when I split with my ex

I haven’t touched weed in a while. I don’t really drink either. I have too much shit to do.

I’m about to put another little one through preschool so I think I might quit smoking cigs at that time to counter the cost. I stopped for over 10 years and then started up again when I split with my ex
Maybe if you didn't post in OTC so much you'd have more time to drink :LOL:

Maybe if you didn't post in OTC so much you'd have more time to drink :LOL:
its not so much the time, but being sober and available. I’m tied to work 24/7
Honestly, just being a parent makes me feel it’s irresponsible to be not sober. I can only think of a couple times I’ve drank since my first kid was born

Back