First Wizard on the way, MC25!

Rybosome

I got a good deal on a used MC 25, set to arrive in a little over a week. Never owned or played a Wizard before, so I’m really looking forward to it - and expecting to have my ass kicked by the lack of compression!

Now I am thinking about what speakers I want to do for an eventual Wizard 1x12 to go with it. Any thoughts from the gallery? Ideally I’d have something versatile, good for everything from country clean to death metal grind, and that I could also run my D-style into as well when the mood struck.

Fane F70s work great with Wizards and will cover all those styles.

Never tried with Greenbacks, but I've been thinkin about getting a set for one of my 412s.

Gigging regularly with my MC25 into a vertical Mather 2x12 with a Gold / Creamback combo. Not changing a thing. Super efficient cab, gets plenty loud. I've also got a Wizard 1x12 piggyback open back cab with a Creamback M in it that sounds great

Gigging regularly with my MC25 into a vertical Mather 2x12 with a Gold / Creamback combo. Not changing a thing. Super efficient cab, gets plenty loud. I've also got a Wizard 1x12 piggyback open back cab with a Creamback M in it that sounds great

The Creamback in the piggyback cab seems like a strong option since it's also one of the top-tier options for the D-style amp as well.

Fane's look really appealing on paper, definitely gonna give those a try at some point down the road. Thanks for the suggestions everybody!

Anyone try a voodoo labs control switcher with an MC 25? Seems like It would be cool to mount it on the back of the amp if it would fit

So I just sold my backup MC25 and was actually having sellers remorse as it was happening, even though I've got a 2nd one at home :cool:

I did get to have a semi out of body experience while selling it though....to date I've only run these heads through a 2x12 or a 2x12 + 1x12 cab setup. The buyer had a freaking Freidman Butterslax 2x12 / 2x15 cab and a Freidman 4x12 that we ran together !!!! Holy shit...I really need to get a 4x12 now.

Last, I'll add that the buyer said "Holy s**t this amp is just a gateway drug....I can already tell I'll be getting a higher powered one too!"

I have yet to play one of these guys through a 4x12 either...I'm sure it's a religious experience.

A gateway drug is exactly what the MC25 was for me. My new Hybrid 100 is an absolute crusher, cannot speak highly enough about this amp. Planning a full NAD thread with clips at some point. With the sweep + contour it can get similar in voicing to a Modern Classic, but with way more saturation. Playing an 8 string Schecter with EMG pickups into it, and it is just crushing. Absolutely the most metal fucking thing I have ever played.

IMG_5075.jpg

Incidentally, I'm going to sell the Herbert soon :ROFLMAO:

So I just sold my backup MC25 and was actually having sellers remorse as it was happening, even though I've got a 2nd one at home :cool:

I did get to have a semi out of body experience while selling it though....to date I've only run these heads through a 2x12 or a 2x12 + 1x12 cab setup. The buyer had a freaking Freidman Butterslax 2x12 / 2x15 cab and a Freidman 4x12 that we ran together !!!! Holy shit...I really need to get a 4x12 now.

Last, I'll add that the buyer said "Holy s**t this amp is just a gateway drug....I can already tell I'll be getting a higher powered one too!"
I have the Friedman 4x12/15 and you are correct it’s holy shit.
9B236925-6D71-4F86-B600-830494391B91.jpeg

Back