Floyd Rose releases Stone Tone granite block

shgshg

Banned
http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/upgrad ... tain-block

These patented blocks are made of granite, and are designed to enhance and strengthen the sound of your tremolo-equipped instrument across the entire audio spectrum. Granite, when quarried in its natural state, is not only of an ideal density for the purpose of sustain, but also has a crystalline atomic structure which is ideal for sonic transference—it requires no factory processing or dilution, and the natural change in sound, upon installation, is so drastic that signal loss from the guitar to the amplifier will be decreased by at least 30%.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

snaaaaaaaaaaaake oiiiiiiiiiiiiiil

Couldn't tell you how a granite trem block would sound, but damn that's a DRASTIC markup for what is probably about 50 cents worth of granite with some minor machining..

That guitar rocks!
No, it's my granite trem block.

The granite counter tops in my kitchen are pretty delicate - they chip and crack if you're not careful. I can't imagine these blocks won't crack.

Hmmm. It's an interesting idea, though I would think something like quartz might be more in line with the vibratory selling point. Granite is hard, but that makes it more brittle. Plus it can't be any easier to cut, polish, and drill out a chunk of stone than a block of brass. No...I'll pass.

That's hilariously awesome. If it were April, I'd be convinced that this was a killer joke. But it's not near April...

Stone seem like it would be pretty dense and dead in tone to me? :confused:
Especially when it comes to attaching it to steel? :dunno:

To me, is seems like this would be so dense that only high end would transfer. I would be this would be overly bright. Just my personal thought.

Interesting, but sure to be out of stock for the next six years or so like any part you try to order from them. $$$$

shgshg":1xa443g6 said:
Ahahahahahahahahahaha

snaaaaaaaaaaaake oiiiiiiiiiiiiiil

Clearly Floyd Rose has hit rock bottom with this marketing ploy.
rimshot.gif

I know, it reeks of desperation. Next it'll be "our trem blocks are cast only when the moon is full in order to ensure correct Tidal Crystalline Gravitic Resonance (TM) for better tone!"

Granite inherently contains minutia of radioactive uranium.
The only granite I would consider placing in my guitar would have to excavated from either Fukoshima or Chernobyl.
Accept no substitute.

Without actually trying it, which apparently nobody here has, how the hell do you know that it doesn't bring something to the party? How is this inherently worse than an oversized brass block or a titanium/tungsten/copper/stainless steel block?

I'm not about to run out and buy one, but I'm not going to pan it based on ZERO experience either.

I think FU is running out of things to upgrade honestly. I get a lot of their upgrades do in fact work but they seem to be getting into snake oil territory to me.

Back