flying V advice needed....

For me a V is extremely comfortable to play sitting down, as long as it's in more or less a classical guitar position. My V:

VixenMurkats.jpg

Got a beat to hell ‘89 V that completely rocks. Lightweight and original Dirty Fingers pups! Love it.

Had an 84 ivory Gibson with a kahler that I didnt really get along with. Been rocking the Epiphone Brent hinds since it came out and it changed my mind vs the 84. The hinds has a baseball bat of a neck, super comfortable for me.

For the OP - since you've never even played one, can you at least go to a local B&M guitar store to get the (literal) feel of the shape, both standing & sitting? There are a ton of low-end used Vs in the sub $600 range, but if you are going to drop more serious coin on a real-deal Gibby, do yourself a favor and test drive first!

I had a cheap V copy (Hondo baby!) for several years way back in the 80s- looked great, the weirdness of playing it sitting down was enough that I never was inspired to buy another. The common technique of hooking it over the right thigh shifted the neck to the left relative to my natural position with every other guitar, & I basically had to stare at my fretting hand.

Do you play metal versions of Tiny Tim songs? It’s not too late for a career change!
No, the other way around. I do metal covers on uke. I played an acoustic version of Manowar's The Gods Made Heavy Metal on the radio once where we whispered the chorus. It was fun.

Our cover of Stripped, Raped, and Strangled makes women uncomfortable when we play it. I mean, I get it. It's fun to do though.

Here is us doing Fucking Hostile on a side stage at a metal festival. The best part is at the end when my girlfriend (at the time) punched the chick who threw the chair. She got Fucking Hostile.

Back