For those guys on here who talk trash about Zakk Wylde......

I love that vid. That was back in his Pride N Glory days. I have high hopes for him now that he cleaned up.

No hate here, Zakk is one of my favorite players and Ive loved him since day one. Hes been on autopilot for a lot of years and I actually walked out on one of his shows because I was sick of hearing the same solo in almost every tune but I have faith that he'll clean up his act and get back to putting out cool stuff again. The guy can play his ass off and has a lot of talent, That isnt even up for debate..

Kage

No More Tears is definitely a great example of how to make a great metal song. You get hints at the riff, muliple layers of building tension in the solo. It just has a schizoprenic quality to it. A story being told that goes terribly wrong..... or right? Depends on how crazy you are. Satan faxed the guitar parts for that song straight from hell.

Zakk executed that one brilliantly. One of my fav leads.

I'm a huge Zakk fan. I met him once during his (Book of Shadows) days and he was a nice guy as well. From NRFTW to P&G to BLS...i like it all ! Monster player !.....I admit....I agree with Kage that he has been on autopilot for years...I hope he has truly found sobriety and will utilize his abilities and create some new stuff!

I was a big fan. I just got tired of his playing with BLS stuff. His pentatonic guitar exercise solos and pinging every four notes burned me out. I really liked him on the early Ozzy and Pride & Glory. He was way more creative then. I hope he puts out some really good stuff. I know the boy has skills. He just is not putting it out. I hope he drops that stereo chorus in the trash and returns to creating great solos like the early Ozzy.

Back