Fortin Cali in Black available

nigelpkay

There is a new run of Fortin Cali’s in black for sale on his reverb site. Too expensive for my budget, and I already have the Neural DSP plug-in version. But I always had a hard time dialing it in. There just way too many switches and knobs and I much prefer the NTS plug-in with its simpler controls, and I find it sounds gnarlier in a good way than the Cali.

I remember putting an original Cali next to a Chupacabra and barely being able to tell the difference. I wonder how far they've came In10 years? I'd love to try one but that price is just crazy. :(

I wonder if Fortin build them, or was it metro who built them last time?

The Cali are built by a third party assembler, the only ones Metro did were the production Meshuggahs. Pretty sure it's the same company that does the pedals given the address on the listing.

From the gut shots I saw of the white ones they're a well made PCB design. It's a pretty solid model as Mike just designs the stuff and collects the money while letting somebody else worry about building product and fulfilling orders.

I remember putting an original Cali next to a Chupacabra and barely being able to tell the difference. I wonder how far they've came In10 years? I'd love to try one but that price is just crazy. :(
Yeah,that OG Cali we had was from when Fortin was just modding amps. He had not started his own line yet.
And you know I'd love for us to have one to try,but the new ones are too spendy for me.
I've become as cheap as you now because of that Randall RG100 classic.
Your cheap ass-ness has worn off on me.

Looks like the price went up some. When I ordered my Cali from the first batch it was $3200 I think. So nothing changed other than color?

I think this Black Cali is the same as the white Cali. Fortin did mention this might be the end of the line due to trouble finding quality parts and the time intensive nature of building Amps…but also said the Pumpkin is due Q1

Back