Friedman Be-Mini

I'm litterally quoting you. "Best 80s tone I've had in years". I would assume you've had all your Friedmans within the past few years since one of them was a Deluxe. Never said anything about tubes. Just reacting to your own words..... SMFH😱
Yes , all of the Friedmans that I owned were within the last 3-4 years. I've always loved the tone of the Friedman's as this was always my go to tone on my AXE FX units for years and years. When I got the real deal, even though great amps, I always felt the BE100s were somewhat dark and sterile sounding. My point being it that this little $329 amp does sound good and is voiced a little more 80's hairband that the real BE100's. That was my point. I am also running this little SOB through literally $5k+ plus in outboard gear so that pretty much defeats the purpose of a $329 amp. To each their own, some need to have a uber expensive amp to get good tone and yet others can rock out with a Rockman, a Metalzone pedal or a Gorilla amp. Dave Friedman makes great gear and this little $329 mini head is pretty damn nice sounding.

Lol I love when something new and inexpensive comes along and people feel threatened that their super expensive amp might not just be the best damn thing that ever existed
AMEN Brother. What a joke. So basically something that costs 10% of its big brother only is allowed to give 10% of the tone and enjoyment to play?

Lol I love when something new and inexpensive comes along and people feel threatened that their super expensive amp might not just be the best damn thing that ever existed
For me, it’s not so much that as products come out riding hype and piggy backing off of name familiarity and quite often underdeliver. The skepticism is natural

What about all his slagging of no tubes = no good campaign? Now ss is good? Very entertaining to say the least.

I don't think anyone feels "threatened". Who the fuck would feel threatened by this? Thats fucking stupid. You know what else is fucking stupid? Guitar forum hyperbole. I distinctly recall this happening with the Boss Katana... Except, suddenly the Katana wasn't the best anymore and a shit ton of them were FS in the classifieds. "FS: Like new, only played for 2 minutes" or "I bought this because some internet fucktard told me this was the best and it's not; infact it sucks ass."

I'm a big Friedman supporter and if this little guy produces the goods I think that's awesome. For those that want to get into this sound but don't want to drop $3k, this could very well be a fantastic option. Big kudos to Dave for expanding his market reach. I'm just calling out the BS internet hype machine.

Edit: I'm just in a mood
Katanas are pretty sweet though.

For me, it’s not so much that as products come out riding hype and piggy backing off of name familiarity and quite often underdeliver. The skepticism is natural
I get it. I owned some really expensive and high end tube amp. I was able to pretty much model each of my Friedman BE100s and my BE100 DLX with my AXE FX 3 so for my needs as just being a home player, I didn't need $7k in Friedman heads sitting around when I pretty much captured a apples to apples tone with my AXE 3. I still have a Cameron and a EVH EL34 100 Watt but in the end, I found myself running the AXE 3 via 4CM into both of those amps and then just utilizing the real heads as a power amp and using the amp sims on the AXE 3 as I found them more enjoyable and more forgiving to play. I took a runner at the BE Mini and I am quite pleased with the tone. Playing the BE Mini quiet and through my rig it sounds awesome and has this mid quality and thump to it that is just really nice. Doesn't seem solid state to me at all so hats off to Dave Friedman. Great product and great marketing strategy. Like others have said, I wish growing up that we had amps like this at our disposal. To have a Friedman amp and Friedman tone for under $400 is a great marketing approach. Will this replace a tube amp, hell no but for jamming at home it sure sounds nice and sure beats wearing down the tubes on your tube amps just playing at whisper home volumes.

I get it. I owned some really expensive and high end tube amp. I was able to pretty much model each of my Friedman BE100s and my BE100 DLX with my AXE FX 3 so for my needs as just being a home player, I didn't need $7k in Friedman heads sitting around when I pretty much captured a apples to apples tone with my AXE 3. I still have a Cameron and a EVH EL34 100 Watt but in the end, I found myself running the AXE 3 via 4CM into both of those amps and then just utilizing the real heads as a power amp and using the amp sims on the AXE 3 as I found them more enjoyable and more forgiving to play. I took a runner at the BE Mini and I am quite pleased with the tone. Playing the BE Mini quiet and through my rig it sounds awesome and has this mid quality and thump to it that is just really nice. Doesn't seem solid state to me at all so hats off to Dave Friedman. Great product and great marketing strategy. Like others have said, I wish growing up that we had amps like this at our disposal. To have a Friedman amp and Friedman tone for under $400 is a great marketing approach. Will this replace a tube amp, hell no but for jamming at home it sure sounds nice and sure beats wearing down the tubes on your tube amps just playing at whisper home volumes.
That's true. A small practice rig when you are working on riffs or backstage warmup amp.

I don't think anyone feels "threatened". Who the fuck would feel threatened by this? Thats fucking stupid. You know what else is fucking stupid? Guitar forum hyperbole. I distinctly recall this happening with the Boss Katana... Except, suddenly the Katana wasn't the best anymore and a shit ton of them were FS in the classifieds. "FS: Like new, only played for 2 minutes" or "I bought this because some internet fucktard told me this was the best and it's not; infact it sucks ass."

I'm a big Friedman supporter and if this little guy produces the goods I think that's awesome. For those that want to get into this sound but don't want to drop $3k, this could very well be a fantastic option. Big kudos to Dave for expanding his market reach. I'm just calling out the BS internet hype machine.

Edit: I'm just in a mood
I agree about the internet hyperbole part. It’s very annoying. I try to avoid doing it myself, but have also learned to filter that stuff out when I read it on forums and most guys who exaggerate that much from my experience are typically the ones that don’t really know what they’re talking about anyway. The Katana I remember sounding a lot better than other amps it was competing against, so it definitely had some good things going for it, but I don’t remember anyone who knew what they were talking about claiming it was a great amp period because it’s not

That all being said the mini BE seems like a really fun, cool amp for what it is, but not something I’ll be needing

I have also this one friend who in person overhypes stuff way more than the internet hyperbole guys. He means well and is a terrific guy, but it can be a handful to deal with sometimes

Back