Friedman Be-Mini

One of the vids said it was a class D power amp? Why would you do only a 30 watt class D amp? At 30 watts, I was thinking it'd be class a/b.

I assume that's 30 watts into 4 ohms. Into an 8 or 16 ohm cab, it's not going to have a lot of power.

In the Reza sneak peak the amp sounded more like a Butterslax to me. Heavy and grainy.
Very grainy. But. Better than my katana artist lol.
I could never dial in s high gain tone I liked. Now it's only for the clean channel with the 5150 od in front 🤣

deliveryService

Can i get one mounted in this ?

I want one and I have a BE100 :) Would be nice for jamming in the living room at night when it's impractical to play my full setup....My 9 y/o daughter already has a mini ibanez because she asked Santa for an Ibanez like her Dad plays, perhaps it's time to get her a mini Friedman so she can rock out with a mini version of Dad's amp too:)

The only question that matters, is who will be the first youtuber to do a review? It's a big contest to see who will be first.

Honestly, I don't buy into the new tube hype or fets that sound like tubes. It sounds grainy. Maybe good, but very grainy at most gain settings. I don't see the point when you can buy a Wangs JCM800 clone for 500$ and hit it with an SD-1 and crush some souls or tease some hair.

I want one of these little fuckers for the living room. As it is now, I grabbed two 25’ cables, plug into a wah pedal and basically use the wah pedal as an extension jack so I can sit in the living room and crank my rig up in my studio. It works, but I’d rather have an amp right by my feet. Toss a delay pedal in the loop and Bob’s your uncle.

I’d have to grab a 1x12 for it, which gives me something to do with the WGS Retro 30 I got kickin’ around.

I received my BE Mini yesterday afternoon. I must say that this little amp has something real awesome going on as it has this greasy, chewy, aggression to it with a huge bottom end. Way more gain on tap that any of the BE's that I have owned in the past. I have previously owned a 2015 BE 100, 2018 BE 100 and a BE 100 Deluxe. Over the last few months, I have sold off all of my Friedmans and my Hopkins JCM800 Pandora as I have been mainly focused on using my AXE FX 3 as my main tone source. I have held on to my EVH EL34 100 Watt that I run in conjunction with the AXE 3 in 4CM. I must say the BE Mini sounds awesome on low volumes and sound YUGE running with the AXE 3 in 4CM, my Boss TAE powering 2 real 412 cabinets and also running 2 Friedman ASM12 FRFR monitors running IR's. Kind of bass ackwards having a $329 amp with over $5k in outboard gear but what the heck, it sounds awesome. Literally played for 3 hours straight last night. Best 80s tone I have had in years. The mids on this just sit perfect. Effects loop is stellar as well. A little boost upfront and some delay and you are all set. Haven't tried this at a loud volume since my wife just had surgery 2 days ago, but at low volumes which I normally play anyways, this sounds amazing. Hats off to Mr. Friedman!

Ha! Dave missed the boat on that. The Friedman Little Asshole would’ve been epic!

Maybe the custom Wildwood Guitars version with have a 'little asshole' switch on the back.

I hope everyone stocks up on inventory for the holidays.

hat.jpg

Last edited:
I received my BE Mini yesterday afternoon. I must say that this little amp has something real awesome going on as it has this greasy, chewy, aggression to it with a huge bottom end. Way more gain on tap that any of the BE's that I have owned in the past. I have previously owned a 2015 BE 100, 2018 BE 100 and a BE 100 Deluxe. Over the last few months, I have sold off all of my Friedmans and my Hopkins JCM800 Pandora as I have been mainly focused on using my AXE FX 3 as my main tone source. I have held on to my EVH EL34 100 Watt that I run in conjunction with the AXE 3 in 4CM. I must say the BE Mini sounds awesome on low volumes and sound YUGE running with the AXE 3 in 4CM, my Boss TAE powering 2 real 412 cabinets and also running 2 Friedman ASM12 FRFR monitors running IR's. Kind of bass ackwards having a $329 amp with over $5k in outboard gear but what the heck, it sounds awesome. Literally played for 3 hours straight last night. Best 80s tone I have had in years. The mids on this just sit perfect. Effects loop is stellar as well. A little boost upfront and some delay and you are all set. Haven't tried this at a loud volume since my wife just had surgery 2 days ago, but at low volumes which I normally play anyways, this sounds amazing. Hats off to Mr. Friedman!
So it needs a boost up front?

And there it is. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make the statement that this little solid state amp has "the best" tone. Smokes all those $3k+ amps, even the ones that this thing supposedly emulates. Of course it does!🤣
I guess since it doesn't have tubes in it and doesn't cost over $3k then it is garbage??? I guess to have a good tone you need a $3k head and a $3k guitar right? Been there and done that. Never said that this mini amp has the "best tone", simply stating that it sounds real good for what it is. SMFH

Back