Friedman Be-Mini

I don't think anyone feels "threatened". Who the fuck would feel threatened by this? Thats fucking stupid. You know what else is fucking stupid? Guitar forum hyperbole. I distinctly recall this happening with the Boss Katana... Except, suddenly the Katana wasn't the best anymore and a shit ton of them were FS in the classifieds. "FS: Like new, only played for 2 minutes" or "I bought this because some internet fucktard told me this was the best and it's not; infact it sucks ass."

I'm a big Friedman supporter and if this little guy produces the goods I think that's awesome. For those that want to get into this sound but don't want to drop $3k, this could very well be a fantastic option. Big kudos to Dave for expanding his market reach. I'm just calling out the BS internet hype machine.

Edit: I'm just in a mood
lol I use a Katana for at home practice and want one of these with a 1x12 celestion cab to replace it. from the available vids the tone is better overall than the Katana's.
I am definitely buying one but i think i will wait for one to show up in the classifieds.

I have one but not able to get the tones I hear in the demos, needs volume to get any good sound, need everything on 0 and treble and presence on 10, playing through a Bogner 1 x 12, I must have a bad one...just no treble, brightness, tried at least 10 guitars through it.

I don't think anyone feels "threatened". Who the fuck would feel threatened by this? Thats fucking stupid. You know what else is fucking stupid? Guitar forum hyperbole. I distinctly recall this happening with the Boss Katana... Except, suddenly the Katana wasn't the best anymore and a shit ton of them were FS in the classifieds. "FS: Like new, only played for 2 minutes" or "I bought this because some internet fucktard told me this was the best and it's not; infact it sucks ass."
This is so dead on. How many times have absolute douchebag hacks had the biggest opinions on message boards? Threatened by technology advancement? There is so much cool shit out there now. This seems great but my question is..........is it just a BE OD with a small power amp bolted on and packed in a headshell? Don't get me wrong I think I love it...........just already have a BE OD Deluxe and a fantastic sounding Orange Pedal Baby power amp.....so for me it would be pointless to bother..........not saying I don't want to try it though lol...

I have no horse in the race, but I AM curious to see how it would compare to the BEOD into a small Quilter poweramp which would be similarly priced. I am a tube amp guy, but damn those little quilter poweramp are pretty impressive and I wonder how the BEOD would sound with it.

That said, I don't see the need for the drama. Use what works for you at what time you need it to and situation. Whether a katana next to you on the COUCH or a BE30, or a 2203, use it and enjoy.

Pretty sure it is.
It's such a great pedal - why not stick it in a head?
I've used mine direct into a Powerstage and it sounds great.
You used the pedal or this amp? I just got my Pedal Baby. I gotta try the BE Deluxe......my Pod Go sounds killer with the Orange........

I have no horse in the race, but I AM curious to see how it would compare to the BEOD into a small Quilter poweramp which would be similarly priced. I am a tube amp guy, but damn those little quilter poweramp are pretty impressive and I wonder how the BEOD would sound with it.

That said, I don't see the need for the drama. Use what works for you at what time you need it to and situation. Whether a katana next to you on the COUCH or a BE30, or a 2203, use it and enjoy.
I had a Quilter Toneblock 201 for a while and the BE killed with it as well. I ran it straight in the front not in the loop and the tone shaping options of the Toneblock particularly the High Cut control were a plus.....the Quilter's are good........I'm enjoying the Pedal Baby even more....

This thing sounds pretty good but I already have a BE-OD Deluxe and Dirty Shirley pedal so I think I'm better served putting my money into a Powerstage or Quilter. Whichever has better feel.

Sweet.........big fan of the Pink Taco.........the organic and the amp variety....both! :D

I got to play all 4 of his 20 watter heads and the Taco is the cream of that crop.

Funny, the Pink Taco was actually named for a place in LA where the Friedman guys
often eat.

taco.jpg

I'm sure Dave loves the double entendre! :ROFLMAO:

Back