Friedman Little Sister...

napalmdeath

So, what's this amp offer vs. the PT-20 2? I've heard the demos, and they sound good. Is it considerably tighter than the DSM? I want to pick up one of these new Minis, but am torn which one. Seems to me, if the Little sister offers more JCM/JMP kerrang, and is tight, it would really scream with a boost. That's what I'd like to hear!

It's not gonna have the gain that the PT-20 has. Think more JTM as opposed to JCM. With a boost, I'm sure it will do some killer rock tones but I don't see it doing metal very well. I Still want to check one out as well.

Michael Nielsen says it is the Friedman that he owns out of all the 20 watters. He's done a couple of vids with it. Here is the latest where he was using it

It's not gonna have the gain that the PT-20 has. Think more JTM as opposed to JCM. With a boost, I'm sure it will do some killer rock tones but I don't see it doing metal very well. I Still want to check one out as well.
They all talk like it's got plenty of gain. I like a vintage tone, but not flub. This Little Sister certainly seems much tighter than the DSM with the switch option. I don't play extreme metal, just thrashier tones, standard tuning and drop-D. I'm more about clarity, yet percussive. Yeah, it's a smaller amp, but I'll still be using a 4x12.

I'm actually curious about the Little Siter being capable of playing early Metallica and similar thrashier tones.

Johan Segeborn did a demo of the Twin Sister and was enough for some heavy metal and beyond.

I'm actually curious about the Little Siter being capable of playing early Metallica and similar thrashier tones.

Johan Segeborn did a demo of the Twin Sister and was enough for some heavy metal and beyond.
I had the TS for a minute - it has to be LOUD to really get metal. And even then its KEA or RTL metallica but no heavier. I think im gonna get a dirty shirley mini or little sister to reamp with my power station - i like the TS amp but for the price i needed more gain for me to love it.

For the coin i may get two lower wattage offerings…. One a DSM and one maybe a baby recto or something

Back