Friedman Modded Marshall

PDC

Any difference in tone between a BE/HBE modded ‘circuit board’ 1959 reissue and a HW 1959 reissue?

PDC":3m3qwr75 said:
Any difference in tone between a BE/HBE modded ‘circuit board’ 1959 reissue and a HW 1959 reissue?
To be honest, every mod will sound slightly different but between the two unless they were side by side I doubt you could tell.

Thank you very much. New to this forum and still navigating my way through the various sub forums and search features.

Found a BE/HBE 1959 that has my interest. I was thinking that if it was an HW chassis and a ‘Kitchen Sink’ mod, I’d likely grab now and think about it later. Still considering this example, though...

PDC":3m3i8k1l said:
Thank you very much. New to this forum and still navigating my way through the various sub forums and search features.

Found a BE/HBE 1959 that has my interest. I was thinking that if it was an HW chassis and a ‘Kitchen Sink’ mod, I’d likely grab now and think about it later. Still considering this example, though...
The kitchen sink is great but I wouldn’t get hung up on the HW.

Any mod Dave does on Marshalls is way better than anything in the Friedman production line. IMO. I have a BE100 and a Naked Mod on my Marshall 1959s.

I have a 1959 reissue and a ‘74 Super Lead both with the BE Mod. Not exactly what you’re asking but reissue is more ballsy. It was that way stock, they’ll be close but each amp has it’s own personality.

Back