Friedman Plexi

Jon BCN

So, I totally love how the plexi channel of the new Jake E Lee signature sounds. Beautiful cleans, beautiful edge of break up and pretty aggressive crunchy tones up to the classical AC/DC kerrang.

And I was wondering: is it possible to take that awesome plexi channel and add a switch to make it even more high gain when needed? Like Kill'Em All Metallica high gain. And would that high gain option compromise the overall tone of the plexi channel?

That would be the ultimate single channel amp for me. The ultimate plexi that can go from Hendrix cleans to hard rock crunch to thrash metal with all the Friedman goodness such as all kinds of switches and tonal options, perfect effects loop, sound great at low volumes, etc...

Hey man, hit Dave up I think he is doing mods right now, I would get a small box and have him do what you are asking

So, I totally love how the plexi channel of the new Jake E Lee signature sounds. Beautiful cleans, beautiful edge of break up and pretty aggressive crunchy tones up to the classical AC/DC kerrang.

And I was wondering: is it possible to take that awesome plexi channel and add a switch to make it even more high gain when needed? Like Kill'Em All Metallica high gain. And would that high gain option compromise the overall tone of the plexi channel?

That would be the ultimate single channel amp for me. The ultimate plexi that can go from Hendrix cleans to hard rock crunch to thrash metal with all the Friedman goodness such as all kinds of switches and tonal options, perfect effects loop, sound great at low volumes, etc...

Sounds like you’re describing the Smallbox to me ..!

That seems unrealistic.
Hendrix to thrash.
Not trying to be a scoob dude.
Been down that road myself!!!
Sounds like you need a RosdKing 2.

Back