Friedman SS-100 Steve Stevens | VIDEO

I’m curious as to how this would compare to the JJ-100

I am really curious how it compares to a jcm800. My 800 vs my BE100 and BE100 deluxe is more open and punchy. Its different. More like the BE channel, fat off, sat off, c45 on (not a big difference) then messing with the voicing. The deluxe settings are the same plus more thump to match the low end. But its still a different sound. I wonder if the SS gets you that more open raw tone. Maybe thats what people call "vintage"?

I like the BE channel. The HBE gets too hissy and I turn the gain down but it losses punch which is expected. I played a JJ once and it was more compressed but retained clarity vs the HBE. But it wasnt at my studio with my equipment and room so I cant be sure.

my friend had a original be100 when he purchased the ss several months ago. the difference is that the ss sounded clearer and more fiery and refined in the high gain department and sweeter and more fendery feel in the cleans. the be100 had a glassier more marshall clean and throatier rawer dirt.
i personally gravitated to the ss when i first compared it to the be100, after playing them both at the namm show booth.

Back