Friedman SS-100 Steve Stevens | VIDEO

zzwish

Stoked to have the Friedman SS-100 back in the house. This was the first production Friedman amp that I got back in 2013 and it was the first amp that really made me go, "damn, there it is." I've owned the SS-100 multiple times over the years, but I think this time, it's here to stay. Ballsy, vintage-inspired, silky smooth under the fingers but can still tear your head off. Dig it. ⚡

Well done sir. Enjoyed that.
Your riffs & playing really showcase that amp.
Always liked the SS and they don't come up for sale used very often.
That should tell us something.

Sounds really good.

Would love a comparison with the SS100 and the SS100 V2.

Seems the new one has more gain and it's more aggressive sounding.

Nice, rippin’ some Atomic Playboys. The SS was also the first Friedman I played where I felt “oh, here it is”. Much more so than the BE100.

Definitely more of a high gain Plexi tone and kerrang with less compression/more raw Marshall tone to it compared to the BE100. It seems to have more a plexi feel to it judging by how you played it compared to the BE100 deluxe. I would have to say that by your clip here the S/S would be my favorite Friedman next to maybe the JEL100.

Nice job on the clip showing how much different ground the amp can cover and sound great doing it.

SS100 rocks. I love mine. Ended my GAS a couple years ago. I was flipping amps regularly, and then got the SS100. That ended it. Plus, for a channel changer the clean is amazing.

SS100 rocks. I love mine. Ended my GAS a couple years ago. I was flipping amps regularly, and then got the SS100. That ended it. Plus, for a channel changer the clean is amazing.

Also had negative feedback added and that made it even better. SAT switch also. Had the boost turned to HBE type channel. The thing is unbelievable. I have thought about getting another amp, but have never entertained the idea of letting the SS100 go, it’s that good. It’s been probably around 2 1/2 years and every time I plug in I am fired up. Touch sensitivity, articulate and defined, truly a great amp. Excels at all types of music.

Nice to see someone post a video of their Friedman SS100 amp head who owns the amp with some good guitar playing. I'd like to see a comparison of SS100 v1 and SS109 v2 amp heads as well.

Sounds fucking incredible. This is the Friedman amp I always wanted

Also, bonus points for playing "Depth Charge" <3 <3

Definitely more of a high gain Plexi tone and kerrang with less compression/more raw Marshall tone to it compared to the BE100. It seems to have more a plexi feel to it judging by how you played it compared to the BE100 deluxe. I would have to say that by your clip here the S/S would be my favorite Friedman next to maybe the JEL100.

Nice job on the clip showing how much different ground the amp can cover and sound great doing it.

That's what I was going to ask.. this one seems more raw and open to me compared to the BE. Is this demo indicative of the amp I wonder? I know Stevens was a plexi guy so his ear is great for tone. Him and Lynch have golden ears I find.

Thanks so much everyone! Definitely a killer amp. Would love to check out the V2 at some point!

Back