George Lynch WTF?

STFU.. I dont care if u like dicks..
But this forum is mostly a joke.. A bunch of middle agers lording like they were kings of the 80's, splitting hairs over videos just like high school kids.

One less than stydio perfect video and the guys complete career gets panned . Fuck you.. Stop acting like a bunch of faggotts . LOL

What ??? Nobody can have an opinion ? If you walked into a bar and saw some kid/guy/whatever doing that you'd tear it to shreds but Lynch gets a pass ? His whole career is hardly getting panned here, but the last 20 odd years ? Ya, he sure as shit ain't what he was.

Anyone expecting Lynch or anyone else at almost 70 to be anywhere near the same player as they used to be is just stupid.
I disagree, how old is Yngwie and the Shrapnel gang ? A few years younger, sure, but not that much. Or Al DiMeola ?

I remember awhile back Vai and Yngwie had a go with 'Ain't Talkin' and had similar results..you can't really mess with a basic song like this and try to turn it into Jazz Odyssey:ROFLMAO:

Holy shit, you’re not wrong and I’m only like a minute in....right out of the gate, Yngwie starts it WAY faster than he should have....but then the verse starts and Vai and Yngwie are over there noodling! I’m guessing this was a “What song can we all play? Ok, Yngwie, just start it and we’ll figure it out as we go.”

I’m not sure I’m anxious to watch the rest of this-

OP said VoVoid so maybe it’s true. Otherwise no one with the slightest inkling of musical sense would associate VoiVod with buttrock, ever.

I’m guessing buddy meant Volbeat? That’s the one Caggianno joined, isn’t it? With the dude doing the 50’s style/radio announcer vocals?

Holy shit, you’re not wrong and I’m only like a minute in....right out of the gate, Yngwie starts it WAY faster than he should have....but then the verse starts and Vai and Yngwie are over there noodling! I’m guessing this was a “What song can we all play? Ok, Yngwie, just start it and we’ll figure it out as we go.”

I’m not sure I’m anxious to watch the rest of this-

Lol Georges improve looks much better now after that disaster...

YJM is 58. 11 yrs different
I think YJM will still be as good (technically at least)as he is now. DiMeola is OLDER than GL and his chops haven't dried up. Vai must be close, Satriani, John McClaughlin, George Benson, Pat Metheny, Steve Morse are all older.

It's just Geoege being George. I remember a clip from G3 where he was onstage with Eric Johnson and I think Malmsteen. And when George's turn to solo came up it was embarrassingly bad.

You are absolved then ;)
Turns out, the Volbeat men are not from Detroit.
Someone inquired about what Buttrock is.
The definition is in "The Diary Of Jane".
That whole movement, who literally use the same 4 chord choruses, tuned down.
Which is great jobsite music., hanging drywall in particular...."Full Board"!!!

Anyone expecting Lynch or anyone else at almost 70 to be anywhere near the same player as they used to be is just stupid.
completely disagree, maybe they can't run all over stage like they used to but I know plenty of local guys in their 60's that still rip.
It's called practicing, do it once in a while and you can keep a good amount of your skill set.
I know people in their 60's who are actually better players now than they were 20 years ago. Unless you have real physical issue the age argument is BS.

I know people in their 60's who are actually better players now than they were 20 years ago. Unless you have real physical issue the age argument is BS.

There's so many things that can affect your playing as you age - both mentally and physically.

Still having the same skill set at 70 as you did at 20 is a rarity.

Back