Gibson 60s neck LP Standard GOLD TOP...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frehley12
  • Start date Start date
Frehley12

Frehley12

Well-known member
I am in the market for a Gibson LP Standard 60s Neck GOLD TOP with humbuckers. I don't want P-90s, or mini humbuckers. I can't find any. What's the deal? Gibson doesn't make it?

I already have a Gibson Slash LP Standard 50s in November Burst that I absolutely cannot put down. Now I want a 60s neck LP Standard in a Gold Top. If I knew before I bought the Slash November Burst that a 60s LP Standard GT is ???, I would have bought the Slash Gold Top and be looking for a 60s LP Standard in probably Tobacco Burst which is similar to the November Burst.
 
Last edited:
I have one in butterscotch with a very thin 60s neck I am thinking of selling, but gold top it is not.
 
I am in the market for a Gibson LP Standard 60s Neck GOLD TOP with humbuckers. I don't want P-90s, or mini humbuckers. I can't find any. What's the deal? Gibson doesn't make it?

I already have a Gibson Slash LP Standard 50s in November Burst that I absolutely cannot put down. Now I want a 60s neck LP Standard in a Gold Top. If I knew before I bought the Slash November Burst that a 60s LP Standard GT is ???, I would have bought the Slash Gold Top and be looking for a 60s LP Standard in probably Tobacco Burst which is similar to the November Burst.
I had a Gibson Les Paul 60s, but it wasn't a Goldtop.
I now have two Standard 50s, a Goldtop and a Tobacco Burst, both are great guitars.

I would tell you if you love your Standard 50s just get a Standard 50s Goldtop.

I used to love the 60s neck profile, but once I got my Goldtop I was blown away, also...

The Pickups in the Standard 50s absolutely blow away the pickups in the Standard 60s, that is why I got rid of my Standard 60s.

I will say my Standard 50s Goldtop has a thinner neck than my Tobacco Burst, I feel like I have the best of both worlds.
 
I had a Gibson Les Paul 60s, but it wasn't a Goldtop.
I now have two Standard 50s, a Goldtop and a Tobacco Burst, both are great guitars.

I would tell you if you love your Standard 50s just get a Standard 50s Goldtop.

I used to love the 60s neck profile, but once I got my Goldtop I was blown away, also...

The Pickups in the Standard 50s absolutely blow away the pickups in the Standard 60s, that is why I got rid of my Standard 60s.

I will say my Standard 50s Goldtop has a thinner neck than my Tobacco Burst, I feel like I have the best of both worlds.
I'll have to bring my Slash LP into GC and compare that 50s neck to a run of the mill 50s standard. I do prefer beefier necks. You made an interesting point. Thanks.
 
I am in the market for a Gibson LP Standard 60s Neck GOLD TOP with humbuckers. I don't want P-90s, or mini humbuckers. I can't find any. What's the deal? Gibson doesn't make it?

I already have a Gibson Slash LP Standard 50s in November Burst that I absolutely cannot put down. Now I want a 60s neck LP Standard in a Gold Top. If I knew before I bought the Slash November Burst that a 60s LP Standard GT is ???, I would have bought the Slash Gold Top and be looking for a 60s LP Standard in probably Tobacco Burst which is similar to the November Burst.
Why not jump into the P90 realm if you don't have an axe loaded with any? I really have been dogging my custom P90 set from Planet Tone. I wasn't a huge P90 fan before but these sound awesome. So good that I ordered a set of Humbucker sized 90s in the same configuration to see how they fair.

Have yet to be able to test the H90 set.
 
Back
Top