Gibson Garage Kirk Hammett Greeny in production... 50K? WTF??

napalmdeath

This is absurd.. Of course it may be speculation at this point, but apparently interested parties have contacted Gibson, (You can only buy it direct, and have to call them for pricing), and revealed a HEFTY price tag of......Ummmm... $50,000. They can go fuck themselves with that shit. Can't wait for them to show up on Reverb for $250,000 from flippers. Sad part is, people have the cash, and will pay it.

Sure, let Kirk Hammett be the beneficiary of a legendary guitar that GARY MOORE made famous. Classless cash grab. Call it a Gary Moore signature you fucks, and send the checks to his family. Fuck Hammett...that faggot. Spit on Gary's grave while you're at it. Hammett only owns it because he had 2 million to buy it. Other than that, he's not even worthy of having it.

https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-kirk-hammett-greeny-les-paul-announced/

Last edited:
I really hate to be the guy to say that someone doesn't deserve a specific guitar, but if you listen to what Moore did with it compared to Hammett, it makes me wish someone would put a restraining order on Hammett so he couldn't touch Greeny ever again. A guitar capable of so much tonal subtlety is completely lost on a player like Hammett.

I really hate to be the guy to say that someone doesn't deserve a specific guitar, but if you listen to what Moore did with it compared to Hammett, it makes me wish someone would put a restraining order on Hammett so he couldn't touch Greeny ever again. A guitar capable of so much tonal subtlety is completely lost on a player like Hammett.
Exactly my point. The magic of that guitar came from Gary Moore, and it's marketed as a Kirk Hammett signature. As you can tell by my posts, it's infuriating, as Gary Moore meant a lot to me. It really makes my stomach turn.

Totally agree on Hammett in the name. It's Greeny and anyone who knows wtf Greeny is knows it's about Peter Green and Gary Moore. Full fucking stop.

I get Gibson listening to their whales and building them a Les Paul for $50k. If those dumbasses want to pay it, sure make them a nice CS/Murphy whatever the hell they want and charge $50k. But just call it Greeny.

I also saw a pic of three progressively faded stenciled names on the case. Surprised Hammett would actually add his name to it but there it was all bright and new.

Ridiculous is right.

If named at all, it should just be called the "Greeny" and both Hammett and Moore be left out of the legacy sales pitch. People that would be likely to buy it, know it's history. Hammett is a wanna-be pseudo blues/feels playing wah hack these days/years/decades. Gary Moore was an overplaying metal guitarist that shifted into another white guy overplaying and appropriating 'da blooz'. The guitar is famous because of Peter Green.

I think Gary Moore was one of the greatest players to walk this planet. Peter Green did some things I like and a lot I don't.
Kirk to me was brilliant up until AJFA.
They all had their share with that guitar.
I hate seen metal bands playing Les Paul, specially Les Paul Standards. Except for Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes and John Sykes.
All the other metal bands look gay playing Les Paul. But it's trendy...
Kirk is no exception to that. I used to love watching him playing live with that black Jackson Rhodes or his earlier Gibson V! He looked cool then!
Now he looks gay playing that burst. So does Hetfield when he play Les Paul shaped ESP.
But then I realized Kirk bought that guitar, and he owns it. So, he can do whatever he wants with it.
And I'm glad he is using it to record, he is playing live with it and the fact that particular guitar brings him so much joy. The same way, that same guitar brought so much joy to Peter and Gary.
If he worked hard and smart enough to make that amount of money, and pay the price others didn't want to, or could not afford, he then deserve it. And it's his guitar now. That's why Kirk Hammett Greeny.
And I wish more power to Kirk.

Watch Trogly. He just put up a vid. Ironically Moore is my favorite guitarist of all time and Hammett is my worst of all time. This is a disgrace. Green and Moore are in heaven looking down saying WTF is wrong with you Gibson. When Hammett bought that guitar 1st thing that came to my mind was this is a complete mismatch. Wish Clapton would have bought it to motivate him to play LP's again. I wouldn't have an issue with Green, Moore, Clapton stenciled faded on the case. Gonna blow lunch now then go to bed and have nightmares about wah wah pedals.

I think Gary Moore was one of the greatest players to walk this planet. Peter Green did some things I like and a lot I don't.
Kirk to me was brilliant up until AJFA.
They all had their share with that guitar.
I hate seen metal bands playing Les Paul, specially Les Paul Standards. Except for Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes and John Sykes.
All the other metal bands look gay playing Les Paul. But it's trendy...
Kirk is no exception to that. I used to love watching him playing live with that black Jackson Rhodes or his earlier Gibson V! He looked cool then!
Now he looks gay playing that burst. So does Hetfield when he play Les Paul shaped ESP.
But then I realized Kirk bought that guitar, and he owns it. So, he can do whatever he wants with it.
And I'm glad he is using it to record, he is playing live with it and the fact that particular guitar brings him so much joy. The same way, that same guitar brought so much joy to Peter and Gary.
If he worked hard and smart enough to make that amount of money, and pay the price others didn't want to, or could not afford, he then deserve it. And it's his guitar now. That's why Kirk Hammett Greeny.
And I wish more power to Kirk.
I agree he worked hard and can do anything he wants with it...Gary Moore's estate sold it to a collector and then he sold it to Hammett. I think the problem here, is Gibson calling it the Hammett Greeny. Ridiculous at best. Gary Moore put that guitar on the map, period.
End discussion. Happy for Kirk that he bought the guitar, and he plays it..that's a good thing. I'd hate for it to be sitting on some fat cat collector's wall...and the dude can barely play open chords.
If they wanted to call it the Gary Moore tribute Greenie and mention the Hammett owns it, cool. But nobody who knows anything about the history of that guitar, would EVER associate it with anyone other than Gary, not even Green himself.

Back