Gibson LP Customs EMG 85 or Rebel Yell?

keano

I have a Black Custom with EMG 81/85. I love the 85 in the neck because I love soloing with that warm power.

For my white one I had a Suhr Aldrich which I do not like at all. Very dead sounding to me. So I am thinking of going Rebel Yell set but worried the neck won't be as powerful as I like. Other option is two 85 in bridge and neck but the LP is a little dark.

Run the 85 in the bridge and neck at 18 volts :thumbsup:
I did this back when i played in a death metal band and the 85 was incredible in the bridge.
trust me it wont be dark at all!

that what I was thinking. I don't play metal. Hard rock... mix of stuff but I do like the tone.

I would suggest a Ceramic Nailbomb over both options, I've tried them all. The C-bomb in mahogany kills

You try any of the new ones? I have 57/66s in a few guitars and a Het set in my GT and really like em both...the 57s are really clear and the Het set is like an 81/60 on roids...

Those are my favorite pickups EMG has ever done. Really clean up nicely but can still get brutal. Might be what you're looking for.

Out of the options you mentioned I would go Rebel Yell hands down. I personally am NOT a fan of active pickups.

I'm actually going to go for a 57 bridge and 85 neck. I love the 85 in the just me. Not a huge difference between 81 and 57 but it is there. 12%. Less highs.

Have Rebel Yells and don't like them at all. I love the Bare Knuckle Mules though.

I play hard rock and some metal also. The Mules are THE pickups!

Back