Gibson SG Modern, 61 Reissue, or Les Paul Modern?

romanianreaper

I'm a Gibson fan and have a Standard, Classic, Ns Studio already and th9nking about getting an SG again or possibly another Les Paul. I'm getting older and I love my Les Pauls but can be a bit hefty during a gig and a workout for the shoulders and back during a big.

I've owned SGs twice and love them. They are like a lighter LP to me. I've never had a 61' and love thr smaller pick guard. The moderns are cool too but don't know about the 24 fret thing. My Studio has 24 frets and doesn't feel as comfortable to me as having 22.

Any opinion on any if these?

I recently traded a Telecaster I never looked at let alone play for a ... I think it's a 2018 SG ... it has the titanium nut ...

anyway ..... I had never played one .... I ripped out the stock 498's or whatever they are and put in a set of Dimarzio 36 Ann PAFs ...

man .... it's one of my favorite guitars now .... light as shit ... super wide flattish neck ... reminds me of my neck on my Explorer but not as thick ..

and the Dimarzio's sound incredible in it .

If you have the LP section covered already .... I'd go with the SG .... great guitar to have around !

I'm a Gibson fan and have a Standard, Classic, Ns Studio already and th9nking about getting an SG again or possibly another Les Paul. I'm getting older and I love my Les Pauls but can be a bit hefty during a gig and a workout for the shoulders and back during a big.

I've owned SGs twice and love them. They are like a lighter LP to me. I've never had a 61' and love thr smaller pick guard. The moderns are cool too but don't know about the 24 fret thing. My Studio has 24 frets and doesn't feel as comfortable to me as having 22.

any neck dive or tuning issues with the SGs you've owned and played?

I would go with the ‘61. Those are my favorite looking ones. 24 fret guitars, not a fan really. Neck pickups always sound off.
I don't think 24 frets move the neck pickup's position much if at all on an SG, so I don't think it makes a difference in the tone of the neck pickup.

Everybody needs an SG in their arsenal. I have a '61.

I have a 2003 SG and love it especially the neck. It was once owned by Unknown Hinson. Highly recommend one.

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
I recently traded a Telecaster I never looked at let alone play for a ... I think it's a 2018 SG ... it has the titanium nut ...

anyway ..... I had never played one .... I ripped out the stock 498's or whatever they are and put in a set of Dimarzio 36 Ann PAFs ...

man .... it's one of my favorite guitars now .... light as shit ... super wide flattish neck ... reminds me of my neck on my Explorer but not as thick ..

and the Dimarzio's sound incredible in it .

If you have the LP section covered already .... I'd go with the SG .... great guitar to have around !
Is yours one of the 100th Anniversary models with that metal nut ?? Super wide flat fretboard ? If so its from the same series as that DC I was selling / sold here recently

Back