Gone but not forgotten.9-11

gbsmusic

I know this doesn't have anything to do with music gear and should be posted on the off topic forum but I'm just watching the documentary on the towers all the brave firefighters and people on this day 21 years ago. It just brings a lump in my throat still to this day I will never forget where I was when I saw everything happening in front of my eyes. May all the people rest in peace and the families and friends find some peace also! God bless all those that lost their lives trying to help, the firefighters the police and the people!

I was planning on flying that day out of D.C. to the west coast but changed my plans and flew a week earlier fir my trip. I was in the Pentagon as part of my work trip and was just like any other one. A week later I was blown away when I saw the news. My uncle about had a nervous breakdown because he thought I was still there. We should never forget that day.

I was planning on flying that day out of D.C. to the west coast but changed my plans and flew a week earlier fir my trip. I was in the Pentagon as part of my work trip and was just like any other one. A week later I was blown away when I saw the news. My uncle about had a nervous breakdown because he thought I was still there. We should never forget that day.
Amen brother

I was working for MerrillLynch at the time and watched it unfold. Was really scary when they announced ML was closed and to go home. Then the market being closed for a few days afterwards. What really saddens me is I spoke to the pilot of flight 93 about his retirement account earlier in 2001 (we saved all contact logs for legal purposes).

My Dad was stuck in traffic trying to get into RDU that morning. He and some colleagues at that time were flying to NYC.

WTC was on their schedule for the couple days they were there.

Prayers for all of the innocent victims that woke up on 9-11, unknowingly went about their business, and perished on that horrible day. Life and family are precious and not to be taken for granted…

I could never forget.

Was sitting alone on my birthday watching a docco on Ali when it suddenly happened. Spent the next week watching the rolling coverage without a break (no sleep).

So, every year my 9/11 b'day comes 'round I have many thoughts and prayers of support and sympathy for my American brothers and sisters.

Oh yeah... I'll move the thread to OTC after a while, but not right-away, so peeps can see it and contribute.

I could never forget.

Was sitting alone on my birthday watching a docco on Ali when it suddenly happened. Spent the next week watching the rolling coverage without a break (no sleep).

So, every year my 9/11 b'day comes 'round I have many thoughts and prayers of support and sympathy for my American brothers and sisters.
Happy Birthday!

I actually heard some of those phone calls on answering machines and I honestly couldn't even listen to them I had tears running down my cheeks especially the dad's telling their kids how much they mean to them and how much they love them, just heartbreaking
i'm glad i'm not the only one... I heard some of those phone calls (yesterday in a youtube mini doc) from the planes, and then the calls from inside the tower of people like "i'm going to die!!". I couldn't take it. i had to get up and go do something else to try and forget about it. Before i had kids, i was so desensitized to the world, and was oddly apathetic about wars, or terrorist attacks, murders, etc. Just human nature as usual, right? Now this stuff hits me in the feels, hard.

9/11 i woke up to my sister calling me from out of state to tell me about it. i was like "oh", and then went back to bed for a few hours. hey...i was 18 :) Then i woke up again around 11am, and turned on the tv and realized what a big deal it was. Then i left the house with my camcorder and started filming stuff like the clear empty blue sky with no planes or plane exhaust because all the planes were grounded, and the panic-y people lining up at gas stations around town, while the owners were literally changing the numbers on the signs, raising the price (gouging), because everyones first thought for some reason was that there was going to be no gas:dunno:
i realized it was going to be a historic day, so i started filming stuff i guess.
i didn't know how to process something like that yet, emotionally.

Last edited:
i'm glad i'm not the only one... I heard some of those phone calls (yesterday in a youtube mini doc) from the planes, and then the calls from inside the tower of people like "i'm going to die!!". I couldn't take it. i had to get up and go do something else to try and forget about it. Before i had kids, i was so desensitized to the world, and was oddly apathetic about wars, or terrorist attacks, murders, etc. Just human nature as usual, right? Now this stuff hits me in the feels, hard.

9/11 i woke up to my sister calling me from out of state to tell me about it. i was like "oh", and then went back to bed for a few hours. hey...i was 18 :) Then i woke up again around 11am, and turned on the tv and realized what a big deal it was. Then i left the house with my camcorder and started filming stuff like the clear empty blue sky with no planes or plane exhaust because all the planes were grounded, and the panic-y people lining up at gas stations around town, while the owners were literally changing the numbers on the signs, raising the price (gouging), because everyones first thought for some reason was that there was going to be no gas:dunno:
i realized it was going to be a historic day, so i started filming stuff i guess.
i didn't know how to process something like that yet, emotionally.
Yep. It’s weird how those little critters change you

Back