Good 4x12 with Greenbacks

Friedman with all 4 Greenies. The EVH is the same or very similar box but the speakers are more compressed. I have both. I will say a brighter amp like a Slo sounded better with the EVH cab

I had both at same time. The AX wiped the floor with the EVH. Don’t know if it was the speakers, the wood, or the slant…..but it isn’t even close IMO. The EVH was very compressed and had no punch or dynamics.

There was barely any difference between my EVH and AX cabs when i tested this, any tone changes were much more significant from moving around in the room. I'd just go with whatever you prefer the look of or whether you want more impedance options.

I had both at same time. The AX wiped the floor with the EVH. Don’t know if it was the speakers, the wood, or the slant…..but it isn’t even close IMO. The EVH was very compressed and had no punch or dynamics.
i tried evh cab and found it too dark ... I have AX works great

I enjoyed the 1960b I loaded with greenbacks. Just didn’t play it much and sold it. Marshall box is the way to go hands down.

I don't do slant fronts . The difference in sound is huge to me. I have the Marshall TV cab and I don't thinks it's all that and I prefer the1960 BX over the Friedman 4x12 . My favorite is the EVH 5150III cab. It is a little more compressed or darker but it sounds good with alot of different heads. I have all these cabs and can't believe how different they all sound in different positions in my basement jam room.

I find the EVH cabs extremely boomy, tried a couple and ditched em. Marshall all the way—esp with greenbacks

I don't do slant fronts . The difference in sound is huge to me. I have the Marshall TV cab and I don't thinks it's all that and I prefer the1960 BX over the Friedman 4x12 . My favorite is the EVH 5150III cab. It is a little more compressed or darker but it sounds good with alot of different heads. I have all these cabs and can't believe how different they all sound in different positions in my basement jam room.
Yeah I get lost all the time swapping heads and cabs around—pretty sure I have at least 10 of each now. Speakers and cabs have a huge impact on your tone, even with similar amps. My Twin Sister and my Smallbox you would think be very similar but each sounds best through different combinations. Same with 4 hole Marshalls and 2203/4s. I suppose that’s the fun in acquiring all this stuff

Just tossing out an alternate choice - a Splawn 4x12 with smallblocks (VERY Greenbacky spkrs) is a pretty badass sounding cab for gainy tones.

Marshall ax is definitely a great build

I have a 1960BX and an EVH cab and run them both at the same time. The 1960 is touch brighter but I like them both. Sometimes I prefer the EVH but I tend to dial in a brighter tone anyway so maybe that is why.

Back