Gotoh Floyd

PDC

Starting a new super strat build and seriously considering the Gotoh Floyd style trem. I know the post and body placement for intonation is the same as the Floyd original. But my question is whether the Gotoh will fit in a route for a Recessed Floyd Original. Any first hand experience greatLy appreciated. Thank You!

PDC":34jra8uz said:
Starting a new super strat build and seriously considering the Gotoh Floyd style trem. I know the post and body placement for intonation is the same as the Floyd original. But my question is whether the Gotoh will fit in a route for a Recessed Floyd Original. Any first hand experience greatLy appreciated. Thank You!
You should be fine on the route. You will either have to use Floyd posts or get the post holes larger to accommodate the gotoh post bushings

Sometimes the screws that lock the string blocks are a bit too long. Replaceable with the floyd version, then it will fit fine. Had to do that on a few installs. Just depends exactly how far the back of your recess route extends. Lighter string will cause your saddles to sit farther back when intonated properly, so you are more likely to have issues if you're using a light gauge.

Reactions: PDC
hmmm...I put a Gotoh on 2 different Les Paul Axcess and I had to use a dremmel to trim down the base plate on the Gotoh a bit to get it to fit the guitars route. Maybe it depends on the guitar and specific body route cut?

I have a Gotoh I swapped out with a OFR, no difference on a non recessed guitar. The Gotoh feels better resting my hand. Drop D Tuna fits the same.

The difference is very small, but there is a size difference.

I guess it depends on the guitar.

Most guitars that I have swapped bridges, it worked just fine.

Back