Greg Walls on Scott Ian / Anthrax

Interesting. Likely true... he’s not asking for anything other than due credit? I’m sure James and Kirk could lend some provenance as well. Doubt they will though.

It's happened to a lot of guys. Music Business is a 2 word phrase. When you are young and just wanting to play your guitar, and have the opportunity to do it...people having your best interest in mind business-wise (or ever actually making a dollar off of it) is the last thing you are thinking about. Sucks.

i had to stop listening 3 minutes in... i've met old blow hards like that in metro detroit who "got screwed" by someone and thats their excuse for never making it. its kinda sad. plus he looks like a transgender karen, sitting there bitching up a storm. I wouldn't doubt what he is saying is true, but i can't listen to that.

He sounds Whiny and Crazy........Maybe that's why no one plays with him. He waited all this time to make a statement, it just seems so late & lame.
1980's metal fans/players were characters. Borderline retarded, many of them. With a few exceptions, I loathed 80's pop culture.

Check the kooks in this YT clip titled "Heavy Metal Parking Lot". This 16 minute clip personifies the 1980's "metal" culture mentality. If this doesn't turn your stomach, check out the documentary titled: The Decline of the Western Civilization Part II by Penelope Spheeris.

"I'm Dave and I'm 20 years old... I'm ready to rock."
"I'm Dawn... I'm 13."

:oops:

Last edited:
i had to stop listening 3 minutes in... i've met old blow hards like that in metro detroit who "got screwed" by someone and thats their excuse for never making it. its kinda sad. plus he looks like a transgender karen, sitting there bitching up a storm. I wouldn't doubt what he is saying is true, but i can't listen to that.
Exactly! Speaking of transgendered, check these characters out... It's not so much the hair as it is the titty dancer level apparel. Most of these guys still have their hair, which is more than I can say. :aww:

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.25.15 AM.png

Last edited:
I don't know what he expects nearly forty years later. He didn't have the foresight to cover his ass legally when he left the band. You don't get to simply take songs with you when you work with a band, all you can do is lawyer up and get your cut for the work. If you walk away and do nothing about it, then you get nothing. It sucks, but it serves nothing but to needlessly stir the pot and make fans roll their eyes at this point.

I totally believe him... I love fistful of metal, one of my all times favorites. I thought Dan Lilker wrote most of that album cause that album is definitely not like the rest of the anthrax albums nor does it have any of Scott's signature style of playing/chugging on it. Riff and style wise I can totally see where this guy is coming from, sucks to be him.

1980's metal fans/players were characters. Borderline retarded, many of them. With a few exceptions, I loathed 80's pop culture.

Check the kooks in this YT clip titled "Heavy Metal Parking Lot". This 16 minute clip personifies the 1980's "metal" culture mentality. If this doesn't turn your stomach, check out the documentary titled: The Decline of the Western Civilization Part II by Penelope Spheeris.

"I'm Dave and I'm 20 years old... I'm ready to rock."
"I'm Dawn... I'm 13."

:oops:

I've watched Both Docs....Years ago. They were funny to me.

I totally believe him... I love fistful of metal, one of my all times favorites. I thought Dan Lilker wrote most of that album cause that album is definitely not like the rest of the anthrax albums nor does it have any of Scott's signature style of playing/chugging on it. Riff and style wise I can totally see where this guy is coming from, sucks to be him.
He did write almost all of Fistfull of Metal.

Let's face it, people who are drug and alcohol effected can't think clearly. It may be something that he didn't consider until he got himself clean. Michael Schenker (greatest rock guitarist ever IMO) never had a cross word to say about his brother Rudolph. It wasn't until he had years of sobriety under his belt that he began to see things clearly. If not clearly.... an alternative interpretation. Why this sort of thing matters to some people, I don't know? When it comes to artists, the word "vanity" comes to mind. If writing credits equate to unpaid compensation, that's an entirely separate issue.

Last edited:
Back