Guess the amp! This is Jamey Josta from Hatebreed!

Axe fx: JMP-1 model! I’ve always loved this preamp, sounds like the 90s, and unlike any other Marshall to me really. Highly, highly underrated I think in todays world, but that’s to be expected given the lack of popularity in rackmount units these days. Interesting replies all around though.

Another amp that gets no love anymore: cornford amps. I realize they are now victory amps essentially, but these amps had quite the cult like following back in the day. To me, this is like a way better SLO. I think also this might be the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard for single note run. The thickest amp I may have ever heard for leads, but also bright and cutting at the same time.

Cornford M50 doing some sabbath on steroid type tones. Incredible sounding amp to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b9rr...rd-2.wav?rlkey=2eyjl47y13aoejy0pukg5rub8&dl=0

Axe fx: JMP-1 model! I’ve always loved this preamp, sounds like the 90s, and unlike any other Marshall to me really. Highly, highly underrated I think in todays world, but that’s to be expected given the lack of popularity in rackmount units these days. Interesting replies all around though.
Call me crazy but It almost reminded me of these new modded rectos coming from Monomyth.

Another amp that gets no love anymore: cornford amps. I realize they are now victory amps essentially, but these amps had quite the cult like following back in the day. To me, this is like a way better SLO. I think also this might be the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard for single note run. The thickest amp I may have ever heard for leads, but also bright and cutting at the same time.

Cornford M50 doing some sabbath on steroid type tones. Incredible sounding amp to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/b9rr...rd-2.wav?rlkey=2eyjl47y13aoejy0pukg5rub8&dl=0

I was going to say JMP-1 myself.

It's my favorite live set-up (a JMP-1 and the EL34 50/50).

It's such a classic crushing sound and you can easily get laid back rock and classic rock out of it.

I have three of them - 2 stock and 1 Voodoo Amps modded.

I'll never get rid of any of them :cool:

Back