Headfirst Amplification Mods and Builds

griff10672

I don't even have the dam JCM800 at my door yet and I've already ordered parts to mod it .....:rolleyes:

This guy at Headfirst Amplification seems to do some really great sounding things .... and let's the world see some of it on Youtube .

After watching this vid ....

I'm figuring it might take me a half hour tops to do the Jake E Lee mod ...... and according to him it brings it to Friedman JEL-100 specs ...

it sounds AMAZING to me ..... he's also got some vids to do other mods like adding tubes for extra gain stages

and he's a killer player .....

I don't even have the dam JCM800 at my door yet and I've already ordered parts to mod it .....:rolleyes:

This guy at Headfirst Amplification seems to do some really great sounding things .... and let's the world see some of it on Youtube .

After watching this vid ....

I'm figuring it might take me a half hour tops to do the Jake E Lee mod ...... and according to him it brings it to Friedman JEL-100 specs ...

it sounds AMAZING to me ..... he's also got some vids to do other mods like adding tubes for extra gain stages

and he's a killer player .....

He does nice work, and he’s super helpful if you have any ?

Yeah I have built several 2204s using Jason's boards. I had a cali build that I never could get to run right but that was due to my limited knowledge. I did the J.E.L. mod based on his vid and it was extremely fun to do. My recommendation though is leave your amp stock.

If anything get a hot mod. Get a clone if you want to mod. It will be a lot easier

I'm on the list too. I'm excited for it. I just hope it's closer to a monomyth vs a Friedman. But damn he loaded it up on features.
The clips Jason posed so far sound bad ass. Either way it'll be a hell of an amp.

Yep just talked with Shea about a possible mod but he’s too busy atm…..
Between finishing up the last of Skeleton Key batch he's working on and starting the Alta100's I'm sure his calendar is filled. I just shot him a message saying how great it is he's collaborating with Jason. That and poke some fun that I wouldn't be opposed to him sneaking in a Skeleton Key build for me while he does my Alta. LOL
That is the goal though, have an Alta, Skeleton Key and one of Jeremy's Hellion's... call them the unholy trinity :devilish:. I'm on their lists so it'll happen at some point.

I did the JEL mod (and a couple personal tweaks afterwards) a few weeks ago to my 2204 clone. Really dig how it turned out. Disclaimer: stock 2203/2204 is not my taste, and don't prefer to use pedals.

I have a Ceriatone 2204 modded to JEL specs. Very cool amp.

I wish I would have stumbled across the JEL mod before I did a Friedman Marsha clone to my Certiatone 2204; I bet it would sound miles above my cheap chinese built 2204 clone that I did the JEL mod to.

Back