Headfirst Amplification Mods and Builds

I had a 2204 clone with JEL mod and I just couldn't dig it. Didn't tke boosts well either, BUT who knows as it wasn't Jason's actual build.
Boy, his stuff sounds great tho. Nice work @burger

Jason is a massive legend. The knowledge and passion he's sharing with amp builders is absolute gold and he really goes above and beyond what he needs to do.
Yea it’s awesome. He is a grade A dude. Good on you Jason!

A lot of these guys won’t share anything, yet at some point someone showed and gave them the info. The craziest is the dudes who build a clone of a ccv or something like that, and even though someone gave them the specs, they say, “nope, sorry I can’t give you the ccv specs.” Ahh, ok, so someone shares them with you, and you won’t share them with anyone else, ahh, ok guy.

Well done sharing the knowledge Jason! You are a man of taste and class!

I might have been the first RTer to send him an amp for a mod? This was a few years ago but yep I had him mod a 1982 2204 for me. Black sun if I remember right.
This was going to be a whole different mod.
I got an amp from him a little bit before he was doing the black sun. It was the blood and thunder mod. I started following him when he was using heavy sleeper for his channel.

I'm glad to see them not only take off company wise but that they are working together. I attribute what little bit I know about building amps to Jason, Shea, Nik at ceriatone and Daniel at Deadweald. All of them have went above and beyond to teach me stuff. It is a breath a fresh air vs the guys who are basically doing slight variations of the same Jose mods and treating it like a state secret or some weird secret society.

These days we have a lot of options for gear and it's nice to be able to buy stuff from guys who are genuinely excited for you to play their products instead of builders who have become faceless companies like all of the old brands Marshall, Peavey, Randall, etc.etc.

I got an amp from him a little bit before he was doing the black sun. It was the blood and thunder mod. I started following him when he was using heavy sleeper for his channel.

I'm glad to see them not only take off company wise but that they are working together. I attribute what little bit I know about building amps to Jason, Shea, Nik at ceriatone and Daniel at Deadweald. All of them have went above and beyond to teach me stuff. It is a breath a fresh air vs the guys who are basically doing slight variations of the same Jose mods and treating it like a state secret or some weird secret society.

These days we have a lot of options for gear and it's nice to be able to buy stuff from guys who are genuinely excited for you to play their products instead of builders who have become faceless companies like all of the old brands Marshall, Peavey, Randall, etc.etc.
Monomyth has cool names. I would like to suggest corpse ripper as the next mod, or perhaps, the straddle corpse 100?

He has a mod for Origins that I wanted. Puts the Origin into 800 territory. I couldnt find anyone locally to do it for me….pffft.

He has a mod for Origins that I wanted. Puts the Origin into 800 territory. I couldnt find anyone locally to do it for me….pffft.
Jason has a vid for the origin that puts it in a bit more higher gain territory. He kinda pioneered that one as everybody is modding those now. I thought about doing one but honestly the VTM120 I have can do everything I need.

I want to do another headfirst build. I have a couple boards left I need to start working on. After my last shock I kinda quit messing with building but it's fun. I have an OR50 based board that I need to work on.

A shock! No shit…obviously you survived it but damn. That shit will get your attention.

I thought the origin was a great little amp. Nice pedal platform but mods require someone that knows what they're doing…sound good though.

A shock! No shit…obviously you survived it but damn. That shit will get your attention.

I thought the origin was a great little amp. Nice pedal platform but mods require someone that knows what they're doing…sound good though.
Man yeah it was a dumb mistake that I likely wouldn't have made had I a better workspace.

Thanks for the support guys, really appreciated!

I just posted a bit of a deep dive on Ch2 on my YouTube which should give you a bit of an idea of where it sits. Link in the signature below.
It was the first thing I watched this morning. Sounds great!

I just posted a bit of a deep dive on Ch2 on my YouTube which should give you a bit of an idea of where it sits. Link in the signature below.
That was the first video I watched this morning too. That channel 2 and all it does it pretty much the perfect single channel amp that I have weird dreams about. Haha.
Sounds killer.

That was the first video I watched this morning too. That channel 2 and all it does it pretty much the perfect single channel amp that I have weird dreams about. Haha.
Sounds killer.
Haha I've been wanting to get a multichannel amp cause I want a crunch and a high gain in a Marshall flavor. This is lining up to be great option for us. I'm glad it had bark and aggression to it.

I got a chance to listen to this and the live mix video today. This is one beast of an amp that can cover a lot of ground and that's only channel 2. I'm psyched up about getting one when Shea starts production. Glad I got in on the 1st run. After hearing those clips I'd be kicking myself if I didn't.

Back