Hell Of A NGD.....Many Items

Bad.Seed

Well, Apparently I'm on a hot streak. Between yesterday and today, managed to score a number of awesome deals.
We will go from least exciting to most exciting.

1 - Ampeg B2R Bass Amp - $50. Not much to say here. I got the amp for $100, seller said if there were any issues, he'd give me $50 back. It turns on and makes sound through speakers, but no input volume from the instrument. Hoping it's an easy repair so I can have a lighter bass amp kicking around than my Bassmaan 300 Pro or SVT Classic. Not that exciting

2 - Seismic 412 cab w/ 2 t75 and 2 v 30 speakers - $150. Had someone message me and ask if I would be interested in buying this cab. They needed quick money and always see me buying and selling. I said sure. He dropped it today and I had the t75 speakers sold for $120 within 2 hours. Will sell the empty cab and keep the V30 speakers for free. No complaints

3 - Peavey 412ms cab w/ K85 Speakers - $200. Spotted this one yesterday and immediately jumped on it. I actually would have loved to keep this for myself and build a second half stack, but in the end, a friend offered me $350 for it. Money talks. Short lived excitement, on to the next.

4 - Carvin Legacy Head - $400 - This is one I've been looking to try for a while, and people ask me about it all the time for the channel, so I pounced. Should be able to make a video and a couple bucks on the resell to invest in the next item.

5 - Marshall 425A cab - $500 - I am genuinely really excited for this one. I have wanted one of these cabs for the last 6 years or so. Not only is the deep purple tolex killer, but everyone gushes about the Marshall branded Celestion G12C speakers. Considering what these go for these days, this was an absolute steal. I will be keeping this one. I had 2 friends message me who work in studios say they went online looking for these cabs after I posted about it this morning and ended up buying them for much closer to $1k. Wild.

6 - The Crown Jewels....? 1984 Gibson Les Paul Custom and 2014 Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue - $4,600. Yet again, had a friend message me looking to unload a couple guitars quickly. They wanted money for a downpayment on a house coming up, and didn't want to fuss with dealing with shipping, local dickheads, etc. so they gave me a price they knew was a deal and seemed happy to have the money, so everybody won. The custom will probably get a refresh and stay with me. I had a couple Norlin customs prior to the pandemic but sold them because I wasn't bonding. Wanted another but the prices went through the damn roof. Considering where they're at right now, I got really lucky. I honestly am liking the R0 more but the custom needs some work, plus the 300k pots make it sound dead plugged in.

Pics to follow, but it was a good day for gear

Pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220521-210502_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220521-210502_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20220521-210516_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220521-210516_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220521-210555_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220521-210555_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Eager to hear what you can get out of that legacy. Very few quality vids online of that one. My recollection is that Vai was really into Bogner at the time of the legacy development and they made some effort to voice it similarly (?)

Congrats Kyle. Those LPs are like a ‘buy 1 get one free’ in todays pricing.
I had a 425B cab I bought years ago from a friend who bought it new. Killer. Shoulda kept it….

Interested to see what you think of the G12C. I have some and I have the standard chinese g12m greenbacks and they are definitely different. I’m a fan of greenback style speakers with Marshally amps myself but I expect you may prefer the standard G12M-25 over the G12C. Both great speakers IMO.

Eager to hear what you can get out of that legacy. Very few quality vids online of that one. My recollection is that Vai was really into Bogner at the time of the legacy development and they made some effort to voice it similarly (?)
I have straight up never played one, nor the V3, at least the head version. For some reason, Carvin stuff just doesn't show up around me

Reactions: PDC
Interested to see what you think of the G12C. I have some and I have the standard chinese g12m greenbacks and they are definitely different. I’m a fan of greenback style speakers with Marshally amps myself but I expect you may prefer the standard G12M-25 over the G12C. Both great speakers IMO.
Me as well, honestly. I don't have another fully loaded M25 cab at the moment to compare, but I have 16 ohm just hanging out, I should hunt for another pair.

Reactions: PDC
Congrats on the Les Paul custom score!

I’ve had both of my Les Paul customs gone through - bone nuts, stainless jumbo frets, fretboard re-radius on each, new bridges, and a lot of gunk removal on the necks to make them fast.

It takes a killer luthier to do the work right. After going through both of them though it’s killed my GAS for anything LPC for a while. To bring them to the 21st century takes time and money but it’s worth it!

Last edited:
Congrats on all the new gear! The Vintage Modern 425A Cab will change your life :) I have three 425A and three 425 B cabs :) That was a terrific price too. They have been going for $850 to $1050 for the past few months. What kind of condition is yours in?

Congrats on the Les Paul custom score!

I’ve had both of my Les Paul customs gone through - bone nuts, stainless jumbo frets, fretboard re-radius on each, new bridges, and a lot of gunk removal on the necks to make them fast.

It takes a killer luthier to do the work right. After going through both of them though it’s killed my GAS for anything LPC for a while. To bring them to the 21st century takes time and money but it’s worth it!
Yes, they can become expensive products for sure. I'm going to film a video today about giving this one a basic refresh. The Bridge and tailpiece are corroded all to hell, but I just happen to have a graphtech bridge and tailpiece that I've been saving for a rainy day project. I'd love to get some regular sized stainless steel frets on this one as well. I think that's why i never bonded with the other Norlin customs. Not only did they feel strange to play, but they sounded really soft, no punch, and part of me feels like it had a lot to do with the strings essentially sitting on the fretboard wood and flat frets. I could be wrong...but I don't think I am

Lastly, replacing the 300k pots with 500k pots so the guitar doesn't sound so dark.

So, trying a couple amps through the 425A cab, it sounds really nice. Def Greenbacks, crunchy low end when pushed. Only complaint realy is it has ZERO low end punch. Low end isn't necessarily loose, it's just undefined with no real hit on palm mutes. Not sure if the speakers or the cab itself is the culprit but, I nhavent opened it up to see if any of the hardware needs tightened yet either.

I've really wanted to do a lighter punk rock style band recently, and I think this cab with my Hot Modded 2203 JMP would create a killer punk rock tone

So, trying a couple amps through the 425A cab, it sounds really nice. Def Greenbacks, crunchy low end when pushed. Only complaint realy is it has ZERO low end punch. Low end isn't necessarily loose, it's just undefined with no real hit on palm mutes. Not sure if the speakers or the cab itself is the culprit but, I nhavent opened it up to see if any of the hardware needs tightened yet either.

I've really wanted to do a lighter punk rock style band recently, and I think this cab with my Hot Modded 2203 JMP would create a killer punk rock tone

Try the speakers in the FL soldano cab...

Back