Hell Razor vs Hellion V3

They sound very similar. The Wizard a bit more transistory. Based on that alone you can sell the Wizard, depending on what feels better.
 
I’m in the minority then because I preferred the Wizard.

I also liked the Wizard a hair more, but my Hell Razor is the best high gain amp I’ve ever played for my ears and hands, and I’ve gotten used to it, so maybe I’m biased.

The fact that the Hellion is that close is pretty damn impressive though.
 
I'm sure i could dial it in even more in to match the wizard.

I’d prefer instead you try to up the gain on the wizard to match the hellion. The wizard sounded a bit hollow but more aggressive at the same time in a good way. The hellion sounded like it would feel better under the fingers.
 
I’d prefer instead you try to up the gain on the wizard to match the hellion. The wizard sounded a bit hollow but more aggressive at the same time in a good way. The hellion sounded like it would feel better under the fingers.

Yeah good point, it looked to me like a Pull Gain knob was left un-pulled, along with some more travel left on a few of the Gain knobs. :D
 
Back
Top