Help with right hand technique - Galloping

I'd imagine a really tight and dry amp would expose the terrible technique really quick.

I don't think I have the patience or the right hand to tackle this these days.
I busted up that hand pretty good a few decades back and have arthritis setting in.
Found it cramping up pretty quickly.

36 and 38? Shit.
Wife and I moved out here when we were both 36 and we're about to mark 25 yrs here.
Goes too fucking fast man.

I'd imagine a really tight and dry amp would expose the terrible technique really quick.

I don't think I have the patience or the right hand to tackle this these days.
I busted up that hand pretty good a few decades back and have arthritis setting in.
Found it cramping up pretty quickly.

36 and 38? Shit.
Wife and I moved out here when we were both 36 and we're about to mark 25 yrs here.
Goes too fucking fast man.

Yes. That's one of the reasons people say they feel exposed by a pitbull ul or Larry or wizard.

It feels exposing even if you ARENT a bitchpicker.

But it's also the reason those amps are legendary - once you get your right hand right, you can make them your bitch.

I had neuralgia in my left hand, I totally get it. I actually lost a lot of my function, and that's part of why I focus on rhythm and songwriting instead of the lead stuff I used to.

I had neuralgia in my left hand, I totally get it. I actually lost a lot of my function, and that's part of why I focus on rhythm and songwriting instead of the lead stuff I used to.

30 years of steady ethanol intake has left me with pretty bad peripheral neuropathy, especially in my feet.
I know that particular type of nerve pain all too well. :thumbsdown:

30 years of steady ethanol intake has left me with pretty bad peripheral neuropathy, especially in my feet.
I know that particular type of nerve pain all too well. :thumbsdown:

I understand that, too, unfortunately.

Let me know if you have trouble with the advice given above, Ill try and help.

I understand that, too, unfortunately.

How do you describe the pain when folks ask?

Mine's heat with a thousand little pin pricks. And the pain ain't just on the bottom like when you're on heated pavement,
more like walking on really hot beach sand where you feel it between and around your toes too.

How do you describe the pain when folks ask?

Mine's heat with a thousand little pin pricks. And the pain ain't just on the bottom like when you're on heated pavement,
more like walking on really hot beach sand where you feel it between and around your toes too.

I describe it as the feeling after you burn your hand on a hot stove or something, but constant.

Then when someone steps on your toes, or you stub your toes, it's agonizing

Then when someone steps on your toes, or you stub your toes, it's agonizing

If I'm not careful when I kneel down, and I roll/fold any of the skin it's that same agonizing pain.
Like a white hot flash and everything else just stops for a few seconds.

Look at us..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

200.gif

If I'm not careful when I kneel down, and I roll/fold any of the skin it's that same agonizing pain.
Like a white hot flash and everything else just stops for a few seconds.

Look at us..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

View attachment 88024

Dude it sucks, and it's debilitating, theres no doubt about that.

I know, were a couple of old guys talking about their health problems on a message board. :ROFLMAO:

Here in the Midwest, I feel as though CBD got a bad shake. No pun intended. When it was rolled out, again no pun intended, it seemed like people expected it to be a product that would get them high, and did not educate themselves to what it really is all about.

How to play metal with your right hand in 20 minutes:
Start with something easy. First take a simple song with a herta and master that. this will do.

after you have mastered that (shoould take 5 to 10 minutes), you need to move on to mixing triplets into a 4/4 measure. ] this will do

you are welcome

count or don't count. If your pick doesn't catch on fire, you are doing it wrong and letting the dark lord down

The bend on the low string while playing the gallop is what kills people. 🤣

For me it is the justaposition of the single upstroke. I got that down fast, but it fucked me when trying to do other songs with really fast triplets, because my triplets became very fast quads. But yeah. remembering back, that did screw me up everytime I tried to do it for awhile.

Is this right if your counting and adding a triplet?

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3234
1 - 2 - 3 - 4

?

Learning the first four Metallica albums worked for me. Probably not be the most efficient way, though.

Is this right if your counting and adding a triplet?

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3234
1 - 2 - 3 - 4

?
You could but I would caution against reusing numbers this way because it will get confusing in a more complicated passage, or if you momentarily lose your place.

The most common way to count your example would be

1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3-trip-let-4
1 - 2 - 3 - 4

where your pick is striking the string only on the numbers and the syllables "trip" and "let" and the numbers are all the same distance apart in time. There's a more in depth explanation of this in the pdf I linked earlier (if you're interested).

I’ve never heard of bitch picking. I like the word. Not sure if I understand what it looks like or feels like. Anyone have a video of someone bitchin’?

Back