Hetfield is "insecure" and needs hugs

I said "mediocre talent" and I stand by that statement. Just because they were famous, doesn't mean they are good musicians. Just because you are a Meatallica fan boy, don't bother hoping I would change my mind. Compared to bands at the same genre like The Scorpions, Judas Preist and VH, Meatallica was very, very lame.
I love all of those other bands you mentioned but you can't be serious about your "mediocre" statement, especially if we focus on the first few albums. Nobody was doing "Fight Fire With Fire" or "Master of Puppets" type stuff back then. There are a billion metal bands now, so easy to write off their contribution to the music. I'm a huge fan of the Scorpions and Priest but they are a whole other thing.

I love all of those other bands you mentioned but you can't be serious about your "mediocre" statement, especially if we focus on the first few albums. Nobody was doing "Fight Fire With Fire" or "Master of Puppets" type stuff back then. There are a billion metal bands now, so easy to write off their contribution to the music. I'm a huge fan of the Scorpions and Priest but they are a whole other thing.
You forgot about the big 4 of thrash. All put out great albums that changed the scene In that period. Metallica was more succesful in the end (and changed direction).

I get what you are saying but I never did like anything I heard from them. I do think Dave Mustaine has some serious skills, so maybe the earlier stuff was better. And I do like James Hatfield as a singer/songwriter some but the guitar work is just plain boring to me. And KH is a very mediocre guitar player.

It's just my opinion, I know it gets people upset. Especially the woke, you can't have an opinion that doesn't jive with mine types.

I never did like anything I heard from them.
I do think Dave Mustaine has some serious skills,
so maybe the earlier stuff was better.
And I do like James Hatfield as a singer/songwriter
I know it gets people upset.
Especially the woke.

fxTi2pq.gif

I get what you are saying but I never did like anything I heard from them. I do think Dave Mustaine has some serious skills, so maybe the earlier stuff was better. And I do like James Hatfield as a singer/songwriter some but the guitar work is just plain boring to me. And KH is a very mediocre guitar player.

It's just my opinion, I know it gets people upset. Especially the woke, you can't have an opinion that doesn't jive with mine types.
No trust me, completely understand and everyone should be able to speak their mind and have a discussion. Metallica is my favorite band but both times I saw them live, I was not blown away. I personally don't get upset about stuff like this because everyone's experiences are different. I was 15 when I started getting into Metallica and it was right before MOP came out. For me it was life changing....but so was my shock looking at the album sleeve of "Load" and seeing my heroes in eyeliner, lol

Reactions: Geo
No trust me, completely understand and everyone should be able to speak their mind and have a discussion. Metallica is my favorite band but both times I saw them live, I was not blown away. I personally don't get upset about stuff like this because everyone's experiences are different. I was 15 when I started getting into Metallica and it was right before MOP came out. For me it was life changing....but so was my shock looking at the album sleeve of "Load" and seeing my heroes in eyeliner, lol
I have seen them live and was not impressed either but I think that is because I had a relative that worked for Warner Communication and she used to get me press seats to all the shows. Seeing VH at MSG for the 1984 tour, and bands like the Scorpions, Dio and Iron Maiden spoiled me. So when mediocre talent like Meatallica and Motley Crew take the stage, it's time for me to be the first one out of the arena. I actually slept through Poison when they opened for DLR.

I have seen them live and was not impressed either but I think that is because I had a relative that worked for Warner Communication and she used to get me press seats to all the shows. Seeing VH at MSG for the 1984 tour, and bands like the Scorpions, Dio and Iron Maiden spoiled me. So when mediocre talent like Meatallica and Motley Crew take the stage, it's time for me to be the first one out of the arena. I actually slept through Poison when they opened for DLR.
This is where I come from with Metallica.
I saw them on the Justice tour (I think) with Guns N Roses opening. Metallica was tight, Guns was good too, but having experienced Priest and Scorps in their prime, it was no comparison to me and my tastes.
I still remember walking out of that Metallica show thinking I’d never heard so many songs in the same key! Constant barrage of E chords.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Back