Holy crap! EVH fans check this out!!

I remember hearing this in 1982, life changing for us! I think he tuned down 3 half steps.

We heard this as a collective of guitarist at GIT and the tape got passed around, jaw-dropping, and as I said, life literally changed at that moment where I thought, "I've got a lot to learn".....

yea... this is killer show/recording. there is a similar recording, i found it on SoundCloud (it may be on YT as well). it alleges to be the last show at the convention center in Pasadena... supposed to be '77(?)

not that it matters much, but would they have been playing the entire VH1 record, in concert, in 1977? (ETA: they play SGMAD in this show...which was on VHII, so the date may not be accurate at all).

eitherway killer band...i can't even imagine being a kid and hearing those guys play live like that.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/N7xF8qJivibfREME7

not that it matters much, but would they have been playing the entire VH1 record, in concert, in 1977? (ETA: they play SGMAD in this show...which was on VHII, so the date may not be accurate at all).
I don't know specifics but I know many songs that appeared on later records were written and performed in one version or another before VH1. So it very well could be '77.

I remember hearing this in 1982, life changing for us! I think he tuned down 3 half steps.

We heard this as a collective of guitarist at GIT and the tape got passed around, jaw-dropping, and as I said, life literally changed at that moment where I thought, "I've got a lot to learn".....
I went to the MI in 1990. And dammit being 20; I had other things on my mind. Wish I would have studied harder on music. Oddly I was studying at the same time for the MCAT. So it worked out.

I don't know specifics but I know many songs that appeared on later records were written and performed in one version or another before VH1. So it very well could be '77.
There’s a cassette tape that is purported to be Ed’s from his hs years; working on riffs and you can hear the SGMAD riff clear as day. So that would have been 74, 75? It’s out there on YT.

There are some recordings from 78 that are just mind boggling . One of my all time faves is Van Halen at the Hammersmith Odeon 1978.

Back