Home Recording setup help

Wayniac3

Hi all - my MAC G5 (old tower, Quad core) may have given up the ghost. I may try to put some $$ into it to get it back up and running.. :doh: :gethim: :thumbsdown: :confused:
Depending on cost, I may just give in and get a new setup (the new stuff is faster, etc)
I was running Cubase SX3 at one point, then switched to Logic ..
I know a ton of you here do a lot of recording - hoping to pick your brains.
Wondering what recomendations you guys have for a good set-up that won't break the bank? My current interface is a Presound Firepod (which will be upgraded latyer).. so I'd just be looking at the latop or MAC recomendation.. thanks in advance! :rock:

Wayniac3":3o08hhd8 said:
Hi all - my MAC G5 (old tower, Quad core) may have given up the ghost. I may try to put some $$ into it to get it back up and running.. :doh: :gethim: :thumbsdown: :confused:
Depending on cost, I may just give in and get a new setup (the new stuff is faster, etc)
I was running Cubase SX3 at one point, then switched to Logic ..
I know a ton of you here do a lot of recording - hoping to pick your brains.
Wondering what recomendations you guys have for a good set-up that won't break the bank? My current interface is a Presound Firepod (which will be upgraded latyer).. so I'd just be looking at the latop or MAC recomendation.. thanks in advance! :rock:

I have a Firepod and love it. Just go get a new MacbookPro and keep using Logic. The new Mac stuff kills for home recording. I run a 2009 MacBook Pro and a 2011 iMac and love them both.

Back