Science only explains things that happen after the event. Observations leading to theories that match observations. Some of those theories turn out to be too simplistic eg. Newtonian physics however they explain observations at a certain level... If you go to quantum or relativistic physics for answer you'll get a deeper theory. The jury is out on whether these theories are even deep enough which is why they are looking to unify them. Again, these theories don't explain the deeper "why" of things. If you ask enough questions science can never actually explain "why" i.e. what caused things to happen.
I'll give you an example. What caused the big bang (assumimg there was one)? Remember science says things don't happen for no reason at all or that would be an effect with no cause.
If science can't explain what caused it and how matter exists in the first place then I wonder how it got there ;-)
Also all the programming in our DNA... Do you really believe that a complicated biological computer effectively evolved from a chemical soup. Do you believe that if I pulped a bunch of phone books (probably phone books are before you time) that they'd turn into the oxford dictionary? I don't think so mate...
Science mistakes "how" for "why". Ask a scientist why the laws that they have theorised came about and why they are what they are. Scientists who believe science is like a religion operate on blind faith as well - ie. a deeper starting point they can't explain.
Also science resorts to miracles. It claims everything popped out of nothingness with no cause; violating causality as I mentioned already.
Only something outside of the universe that is eternal and outside causality explains the universe and that person is God. If you criticise my faith - then I'll just point out that science requires faith and miracles too (read my post carefully).