Horrible Exchange with Fatbagg

Read the whole thread, welcome mrbush and I think we all appreciate your positivity and level-headedness despite being taking advantage of. Scary to think this type of behavior emerges even from regulars, but overall this community is pretty mature (financially LOL), tight knit, and we got eachother's back. PPG is for the birds...and Larry Amps :LOL:

This thread accomplished 2 things for me: first I won't be doing PPG anymore and second, I want one of them Bogners :D

Let me go agains't the flow of this forum and say that in my books Fatbagg is a genuine good guy and an honest person to deal with.

Recently, I've bought my second amp from him. As some of you know, some mistakes were made and to fix them, he had to sell one hell of a magnificent and rare amp.

I'm the lucky person to have landed that amp.

This deal, just like my previous one with him (earlier this year), went very smoothly.

The amp arrived with slight damage. Choke had detached and broke a power tube..
Jonathan sent me money to compensate for the new power tube quad and tech fees I had to pay.

The damage was not caused by improper packing but because one of the screws used to attach the Choke to the chassis was too short and with time it stripped itself. He still insisted on paying for the repair because the amp was fine when he sent it.

The first purchase I made earlier this year, I've made with no protection, at my risk without knowing all the drama unfolding.. (I found out afterwards about all of this). But, he delivered.

Just want to throw my very recent experience with him (2 amps purchased from him in the past 3 months)...
I would deal with him again.

And I do feel some of the shit getting thrown at him is getting way out of hands..
Substance abuse? PTSD? Come on.. this is not of anyone's concern here.

Let me go agains't the flow of this forum and say that in my books Fatbagg is a genuine good guy and an honest person to deal with.

Recently, I've bought my second amp from him. As some of you know, some mistakes were made and to fix them, he had to sell one hell of a magnificent and rare amp.

This deal, just like my previous one with him (earlier this year), went very smoothly.

Jonathan sent me money to compensate for the new power tube quad and tech fees I had to pay.

The damage was not caused by improper packing but because one of the screws used to attach the Choke to the chassis was too short and with time it stripped itself. He still insisted on paying for the repair because the amp was fine when he sent it.

The first purchase I made earlier this year, I've made with no protection, at my risk without knowing all the drama unfolding.. (I found out afterwards about all of this). But, he delivered.

Just want to throw my very recent experience with him (2 amps purchased from him in the past 3 months)...

And I do feel some of the shit getting thrown at him is getting way out of hands..
I'm a little surprised this thread is still going. He fucked up and got all sorts of grief and arrows slung his way but the tar and feathering seems a bit much.

Per a TGP thread he has a CCV and has found grail tone. Hopefully it was a big, out-of-character fuck up and it doesn't happen again. The choke thing is an example of how flawed the whole try-after-you-buy-then-flip-the-unwanted can go (it can go way worse).

I'm a little surprised this thread is still going. He fucked up and got all sorts of grief and arrows slung his way but the tar and feathering seems a bit much.

Per a TGP thread he has a CCV and has found grail tone. Hopefully it was a big, out-of-character fuck up and it doesn't happen again. The choke thing is an example of how flawed the whole try-after-you-buy-then-flip-the-unwanted can go (it can go way worse).
The CCV is now mine.. it's the prized possession he had to sell to fix some stuff...
I can't stress enough on how much he didn't want to move that thing but he needed the cash and knew I was waiting and I had express interest in the amp. He really wanted to make amends so he moved the amp, regretfully.

To me, the choke issue shows that the guy is more than legit and trying to make things right.

Anyway, that's my part in this crazy shit show.

And I do think anyone not directly involved should be more careful of the stupid sh*t they are throwing online at the guy.

Just wanted to provide a final update. Fatbagg has now repaid me in full and sent me an apology. Despite everything, I do give him credit for doing the right thing in the end. Thanks again to the RT community for having my back (y)

lol ... im sure FB's broadband is burning up with PP gift orders as we speak. Group hug.

Just wanted to provide a final update. Fatbagg has now repaid me in full and sent me an apology. Despite everything, I do give him credit for doing the right thing in the end. Thanks again to the RT community for having my back (y)
Awesome sauce, brother. :rock:

I honestly didn't think you had much hope of gettin' that last few hundred. You must be stoked! :cheers2:

Gee, the one guy defending him happened to score a CCV from him...go figure :rolleyes:
I don't care if he bought 12 ccv's from him successfully. Bottom line is he took Mr Bush 2300$ from reverb sale and didn't send amp. Then ignores him for month or whatever and closes his reverb account!!! Then finds out on here that he is a member here! Then post snarky remarks on here and gives back most of it but not all to Mr. Bush. Then now finally gives him the 300 missing.
Yeah.......he is a great guy to deal with....... šŸ™„ The only reason Mr Bush got his money back is because he is a member here. Otherwise he thought he was going to get away with stealing it by closing his reverb account.
That's my take from it. I definitely won't do business with him if i know it's him.
We're beating this horse to death but it is great that our forum sticks together and has rules and ratings for transactions to keep it safe and friendly for everyone.

Karma only hits people if they have some sort of empathy which Fatbagg has none. He will never see the force of Karma because he does not care or give a shit about anything. How can Karma hurt someone like that, it can't.

I have to agree in regards to karma. Or maybe itā€™s a thing of the people getting karmaā€™s wraith donā€™t realize itā€™s their own doing and thus, never learn a lesson from it. My mother is one of those types; everything is someone elseā€™s fault, everything bad just happens to her without reason or because someone is treating her unfairly. Youā€™d think after 56 years youā€™d realize that youā€™re the one at fault, but without that empathy, itā€™s probably not going to happen.

ā€I fell into a pit of lies...
And tried to dig around the other side...
And much to my surprise,
I was to blame for all the rainā€ - Mastodon

59010c75ce5c8.jpeg

Bag-hag is only sorry he got caught, not for anything else.
He'll do it again if he hasn't already.

Last edited:
Back