How's it going in Tinfoil Corner?

someday all the Woke liberal idiots are gonna wake up and say what the hell happened.
😂 they won’t wake up Art…they’re mentally ill.
They protested against the unvaxxed, then they flew their Ukraine flags, now they’re protesting for the right to kill their babies…
Whatever they’re told to hate, Dumb sick, sheep.

I'll stop busting balls and get back to amp work :)

1987x with PPIMV.jpg

All the conspiracies are closing in like fortnite and we're getting close to the endgame.

BTW I just binge watched Carrottop stand up prop comedy videos recently and I almost died laughing. I never gave him a chance until now.
Exactly, I just I just love how some of these idiots still use the conspiracy theory term, after all the stuff that’s coming out for real in this current period, only a really dumb simpleton moron would use that term at this point in time.

I just did the LarMar PPIMV on the back panel :)
Customer paid a lot of money for a PEC pot from Valvestorm!
I have used both the Alpha and PEC 250 K pots for the Lar/Mar and the PEC pots were better at lower volumes, they had less artifacts than the Alpha pots. If you are not going for super low volume the Alpha pots are fine but there is a discernible difference between them. That's why George Metropoulos started using the PEC's. After George posted this video I bought one to try it and it was better as described above. I agree with George's findings and comments below.

Metro Amplification comments in Video below:
Demo of a Metropoulos 50 watt with '68 era lead specs, with a PPI MV mod. The volume pot in this amp is a PEC dual type, which costs $29. I feel the cost is justified by the consistent tonal balance, even at very low levels. By comparison, the $0.95 Alpha dual pot is very inconsistent and sounds harsh at low settings.

Hey V2A did you get your Jake E Lee guitar yet?

I have used both the Alpha and PEC 250 K pots for the Lar/Mar and the PEC pots were better at lower volumes, they had less artifacts than the Alpha pots. If you are not going for super low volume the Alpha pots are fine but there is a discernible difference between them. That's why George Metropoulos started using the PEC's. After George posted this video I bought one to try it and it was better as described above. I agree with George's findings and comments below.

Metro Amplification comments in Video below:
Demo of a Metropoulos 50 watt with '68 era lead specs, with a PPI MV mod. The volume pot in this amp is a PEC dual type, which costs $29. I feel the cost is justified by the consistent tonal balance, even at very low levels. By comparison, the $0.95 Alpha dual pot is very inconsistent and sounds harsh at low settings.

Hey V2A did you get your Jake E Lee guitar yet?

The PEC is hard to find and vendors are charging $50 now :)

And yes, I did get my Charvel JEL!!

IMG_1685.jpg

The PEC is hard to find and vendors are charging $50 now :)

And yes, I did get my Charvel JEL!!

View attachment 123823
That looks great V2A, I love the dark fretboard it almost looks like ebony. I hope it plays as good as it looks, I like the fact Charvel used Alder on these.... CONGRATS on the new fiddle....:2thumbsup:
I wish I had done a rosewood or pauferro fretboard neck on my Jake but I went with maple when I built mine, I got MJ at Duncan to wind me a Allan Holdsworth double screw Jake pickup which is basically a JB with double screws and I installed two Diamrzio SDS-1's in the swimming pool route. Still plays great but I hate the 6150 fret I choose. When I flatten them out I will be going with 6100's, maybe a new neck.

That looks great V2A, I love the dark fretboard it almost looks like ebony. I hope it plays as good as it looks, I like the fact Charvel used Alder on these.... CONGRATS on the new fiddle....:2thumbsup:
I wish I had done a rosewood or pauferro fretboard neck on my Jake but I went with maple when I built mine, I got MJ at Duncan to wind me a Allan Holdsworth double screw Jake pickup which is basically a JB with double screws and I installed two Diamrzio SDS-1's in the swimming pool route. Still plays great but I hate the 6150 fret I choose. When I flatten them out I will be going with 6100's, maybe a new neck.
It's not perfect, but I don't mind putting in a bit of work on it. The G string pops out, so I'll either file the nut slot or have the plastic nut replaced by something else. I might also order a replacement pick guard with a tone pot added. and maybe regular single-coil placement (I keep picking right on the middle pup). I might order an identical replacement pick guard for my Kiesel Delos, because I'd like to move the tone pot away from the bridge pickup.

Back