HUMBUCKER BRIDGE P90 NECK?

moltenmetalburn

anyone done this?

thinking about trying a p90 to tighten up a neck in a prs and also in a start.

i hate neck pickups always too bassy. will the p90's be thinner? Ive never used on before.

should i just go all p90?

I do. Love it.

4-1.jpg

_MG_0158-1.jpg

I did it in an Epiphone LP Gothic. Dimarzio Norton bridge, Bluesbucker neck (essentially a P90 in a humbucker form factor). Sounds amazing--bridge cuts, grinds, and snarls like a Norton should and the Bluesbucker in the neck is fluid, smooth, glassy, and classy.

I also installed a set of Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P - 90's in my Epiphone LP STANDARD. They're drop-in humbucker replacements as well. While the video doesn't specifically highlight the pickups (the review is for the Vintage Modern 2266 Full Stack) you can hear them here:

I never used to be a fan of P90s, but with the Humbucker drop-in replacement parts such as the Seymour Duncan Phat Cats and the Dimarzio Bluesbucker I think it's hard to go wrong.

Hope this helps...

i would, it's my favourite pickup combo on a guitar, i wouldn't say that it would thin out the tone tho, a nicer tone to my ears in any case

a p90 in the bridge is pretty cool, if you can handle the hum (there are noiseless variants out there too)

there's a few options for Humbucker size P90s, i prefer the full size soapbar ones as they seem to have a little something extra in the frequencies, and look badass too

I use Häussel P90's in the neckposition in my SG2000's because they sound so much clearer than humbuckers. They also clean up like a champ with a volume rollback.
I did have to tame the highs a bit though but no biggie

Giga

I have this pickup combo in several of my guitars. much prefer neck P90s over neck humbuckers in general.

I don't think they necessarily sound thinner though, but definitely a bit more usable I find.

The LP BFG came in that configuration. I owned a Reverend Double Agent that had a p90/hum and it was a killer guitar as well.

Ok cool, so I gather you guys really like it in the neck.

Won't get thinner huh? Any less bass than a humbucker or at least more mids to compensate?

Im pretty sure I'm going to do it, looking at reilander, the creamery and bareknuckle right now at humbucker sized p90 s.

Back