I’m looking for some songs with killer tones .

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
Need some songs to study for a project about hi gain tones. Lmk a song and the amp / gear used . Enlighten me please ! Don’t worry if I know it or not . Just need ideas .

AIC - Black Gives Way To Blue, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, Rainier Fog
APC - Howerdel's tone is amazing
Deftones/Stef - for the rough stuff, Adrenaline/ATF, for more refined tones, DiamondEyes and Koi No Yokan
The obvious players - Floyd, Ford, Trower (Bridge Of Sighs is EPIC tone), SRV...
AJ - Aenima/Lateralus
Some great layering with Chevelle

Shit man, loaded post.... LOL

It's subjective, but these cats get my attention - always.

AIC - Black Gives Way To Blue, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, Rainier Fog
APC - Howerdel's tone is amazing
Deftones/Stef - for the rough stuff, Adrenaline/ATF, for more refined tones, DiamondEyes and Koi No Yokan
The obvious players - Floyd, Ford, Trower (Bridge Of Sighs is EPIC tone), SRV...
AJ - Aenima/Lateralus
Some great layering with Chevelle

Shit man, loaded post.... LOL

It's subjective, but these cats get my attention - always.
Hell ya . Dude deftones is my favorite band and I’m a shred guitarist. I think ATF is amazing tone . Black Gives Way too !I need to listen to APC again

Hell ya . Dude deftones is my favorite band and I’m a shred guitarist. I think ATF is amazing tone . Black Gives Way too !I need to listen to APC again
I fucking FLIP every time I listen to Engine No.9

Makes no sense whatsoever - is off of their Adrenaline album - but just can't get enough of that absolutely maniacal fucking crazy ass onslaught of "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BRUTALITY" sonic glory!!!!!!

I fucking FLIP every time I listen to Engine No.9

Makes no sense whatsoever - is off of their Adrenaline album - but just can't get enough of that absolutely maniacal fucking crazy ass onslaught of "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BRUTALITY" sonic glory!!!!!!
Definitely. I love deftones. All of it . It gets to me good ! That chunky riff

Helmet - Page Hamilton's tone has been consistently amazing over the years.

APC?? Albums man, listen to the albums... 13th Step is likely the one you can pull the most out of while most people will immediately here Howerdel's siggy tone in "Judith" off Mer de Noms

Lots of Zappa - his blowout solo in "City Of Tiny Lights" is an earthquake, FZ is an acquired taste, but man, he was a stickler for tone - and experimentation.

Adrian Belew
Leslie West - Mississippi Queen, dead ringer classic
Prince
Wes Borland

I can't - there's too many...

Helmet - Page Hamilton's tone has been consistently amazing over the years.

APC?? Albums man, listen to the albums... 13th Step is likely the one you can pull the most out of while most people will immediately here Howerdel's siggy tone in "Judith" off Mer de Noms

Lots of Zappa - his blowout solo in "City Of Tiny Lights" is an earthquake, FZ is an acquired taste, but man, he was a stickler for tone - and experimentation.

Adrian Belew
Leslie West - Mississippi Queen, dead ringer classic
Prince
Wes Borland

I can't - there's too many...
I must admit Wes has good tones !

I love Cantrells tone on dickeye.

More obvious stuff would be Metallica sad but true. EVH on somebody get me a doctor, Whitesnake still of the night and Slash on AFD are all up there with anything imho…not super high gain but still pretty cranked.

This is my favorite 2000's metalcore tone.

Krank Rev 1 boosted with a Maxon OD820 through a Mesa Recto cab. So much grind and chunk!

Back